Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 beetle oxygen sensor faults... please help!!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys, sorry it took so long to repy. i went and bought another OE sensor from the dealer just to verify that it was not a bad sensor. same issues with this one as others. slightly more activity on the voltage but still between 0.4-0.6 V. i dont know what else it could be besides the ECM other than possible a corroded ground somewhere. how can i verify 100% that it is the ECM before i spend that kind of money to fix it? any other suggestions? Thanks again

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you tone harness out with load light back to ECU and all shared tracks?

Did you check into the useful life warranty for this problem?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are you doing with this? I have just looked at Elsa and it looks like a standard Zirconia sensor. The 2 white sensor wires are the heater, so with a test light and the engine running check pin 2 grey/yellow ECU side, test light should be on, Pin 1 Blue/Yellow ECU side, light should not be on, If it is you have a bad ground.
    I repeat, the sensor voltage will not cycle on a post cat sensor, if it does your cat is gone!
    HMC

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry again for the long delay in my response. things came up that did not allow me to look work on the car for a while. i load tested all 4 wires with a 55w headlight bulb that i rigged up as a test light and the bulb lit up bright for all wires. i cleaned all grounding points in the upper dash area in hopes that possibility of a corroded grounding point. i also went and smoke tested the exhaust and intake again just to verify that there were no leaks.

HMC... i have tested this several ways. sensor connector pin #1 (blue/yellow wire) is supplied batt voltage once car is started. Pin #2 (black wire) is pulsed ground from the ECM. i have graphed both of these signals using a scope and during a 30 min drive cycle i never noticed any inconsistencies that would indicate a loss of voltage. as i was sitting here typing this i was thinking "what is sending power to fuse #43? during key on, engine on condition?"..... looking at the diagrams that i have, it looks like the J271 (ECM power supply relay) supplies this power. do you guys think that this relay could be faulty and some how causing a slightly delayed power source upon first starting the engine that would cause the ECM to throw this code?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did this flag the DTC while you were doing this test drive with the scope on? How did you connect the scope leads?

Regards HMC

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have back probed harness at ECM and graphed MBV, both readings matched perfectly. The code did set while driving and scope connected but there were never any voltage drop outs during the drive cycle. And this is my reasoning that maybe there is a problem with the power supply relay or some other component, causing a slightly delayed voltage supply to the sensor upon startup and this is causing the ECM to flag the code... my thinking is that you would see a voltage dropout on the scope when the code is set, but this never happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have back probed harness at ECM and graphed MBV, both readings matched perfectly. The code did set while driving and scope connected but there were never any voltage drop outs during the drive cycle. And this is my reasoning that maybe there is a problem with the power supply relay or some other component, causing a slightly delayed voltage supply to the sensor upon startup and this is causing the ECM to flag the code... my thinking is that you would see a voltage dropout on the scope when the code is set, but this never happened.
    Don't speculate, verify with SSP and RTFB!

Always test components isolated............
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that im looking for some guidance on how to properly do this.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi jack, could you please explain to me how to properly isolate and test the components?

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch video.

Unplug ecu and sensor's, test tracks as per RTFB using WD.