Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 beetle oxygen sensor faults... please help!!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    here are the diagrams that i am using. its my understanding that the warranty on this vehicle is 6 years/72k miles

Last edited by Uwe; 04-16-2019 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Fixed images

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    here are the diagrams that i am using. its my understanding that the warranty on this vehicle is 6 years/72k miles
    Maybe you should read up about the advantages of the warranty of the CARB SULEV & for useful life components as a PZEV and even base warranty for EPA as affirmed too & when certified huh?

Oxygen sensors are indeed on that list of warranty-able components, now are they, "well are they" ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partia...ssions_vehicle

Why spend money on things you can be reimbursed for or that are under warranty?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    the car has a salvage title so im sure the dealer will use that as an excuse to void the warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    the car has a salvage title so im sure the dealer will use that as an excuse to void the warranty.

Hey what do you know, did you read this link below & so you can shove it up that dealers ass for that bullshit excuse before given?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post156577
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks jack for the info regarding the warranty. im pretty confident that my problem is either a wiring or a ECM issue. because the same "intermittent" faults with several different sensors. im now leaning towards a faulty ECM because i have run overlay harness of the o2 heater circuit wires and the same fault for the heater circuit returned. is there a way to verify that the o2 circuit of the ECM is faulty? if so, can i use a used ECM on this vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks jack for the info regarding the warranty. im pretty confident that my problem is either a wiring or a ECM issue. because the same "intermittent" faults with several different sensors. im now leaning towards a faulty ECM because i have run overlay harness of the o2 heater circuit wires and the same fault for the heater circuit returned. is there a way to verify that the o2 circuit of the ECM is faulty? if so, can i use a used ECM on this vehicle?

Isn't the ECU, the harness to the ECU and all the OXS sensors all part of the function and therefore vicariously a required AECD warranty from the OEM and by shear definition?

Law Enforcement is here to help right, ever think of using them to do the work you paid them for?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

O2 sensor diagnostic help

i have been having repeated O2 sensor codes 000327 & 000326, all related to B1S3 with a 2010 Beetle 2.5 engine code BPR. I have tried a couple of different sensors that I had laying around and they all gave the same codes after about 15 miles of driving. ive checked everything I can possibly think of as far as electrical issues and wires from the sensor to the ECU and everything seems to be in perfect order. electrical diagnostic of emission related components is not my strong point, but im learning. its my understanding that the sensor signal voltage should fluctuate between 0.1-0.9 V with a frequency of around 1 sec with the sensors hot. so today I graphed what the ECU was receiving for signal voltage from the sensors in this scenario. the data I collected was at 2000 rpm (shown in the attached photo) was that sensor 2 voltage ranged from 0.1-0.8 v with a frequency of about 5 seconds. and sensor 3, the one that is giving the codes hovered around 0.45 v the whole time. so just to verify the voltages read by the ECU matched what was being sent by the sensors, I hooked my lab scope to the sensor connectors and the reading there matched what was being read by the ECU. because the readings matched, im assuming that I can rule out bad wires or ECU. my questions are; what would cause the frequency of sensor 2 to be so long? and what would cause the sensor 3 voltage to hover around 0.45? also, would my assumption that because the MBV matched the sensor output voltages at the sensor, mean that its not a wiring or ECU issue?

thanks in advance for your help

sensor graph:
    RED = Sensor 2
    Yellow = Sensor 3
    vertical scale = 0.1 volts
    Horizontal scale = 5 secs

http://tinypic.com/r/2ls9p9j/9
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-20-2019 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Fixed image links

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've merged the above post (#17) into an existing thread regarding the same problem in the same car.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet the OXS sensors are clones or are not genuine & even one of them being improper will throw you for a loop, what you think?
    It is my opinion that this is done to deliberately force purchase of genuine sensors so the aftermarket sensors fail to comport, huh?

Why are you punishing yourself and not getting this repair done for free by the factory local franchise vw dealer?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tomk_22,
    I am not familiar with US spec cars but is the B1S3 O2 sensor not the post cat sensor for OBD emissions checking? If yes then it will not cycle the voltage but have a relatively stable voltage. The fault code is for the heating element so if you have good voltage and a GOOD ground, then as Jack say's the ECU does not like the resistance of the sensors you are using.
    Regards HMC