Campersam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357204
G'day everyone,

New to the forum.
Just bought my Hex V2 interface and when trying to register it with Ross Tech I encountered the following error:
"Unable to open interface, it may be in use by another program"
I am running a windows 7 Dell Laptop and found out that a weather app on the laptop called AccuWeather was interfering with the interface. I disabled the AccuWeather widget on the computer and hey presto I can now connect to the HexV2 interface.
On my PC the Widget/App was found in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\AccuWeather

Anyway, just wanted to share in case some has a similar problem to me.

Bye for now

Reactions: Uwe

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
:eek: I don't see any legit reason why a weather app would need to lock down HID devices. We have seen some weird cases where trackpad software thought anything that talked HID must be a mouse, and was locking up interfaces in a similar way.

At any rate, glad you were able to figure it out.

Reactions: Uwe

Campersam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357204
:eek: I don't see any legit reason why a weather app would need to lock down HID devices. We have seen some weird cases where trackpad software thought anything that talked HID must be a mouse, and was locking up interfaces in a similar way.

At any rate, glad you were able to figure it out.

I don't know much about computers, but disabling it certainly worked for me. Must have a weird old PC

Back