Thread: 1.8 TSQ a4 b5

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

1.8 TSQ a4 b5

hello!

so i just bought a car with that is supposed to be an original AJL engine, but the engine block and the topblock(i dont know what it is called in english, but the block with camshafts) is from an ANB 1.8t 150 hp engine and the turbo,maf,sensors etc is from the AJL engine.

if i am gonna sell this, what would i call it? a 150 hp tsq or an original tsq with 180 hp, or doesnt matter?

it is boosting around 1.1 bar.

this is just because i am curious and it is not really a problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello .....

I would have to say... It depends, because unless you dyno the engine you really do not know exactly what the true power of the engine is.

- You could take a data log of the MAF sensor and see what it's peak output was during a full throttle acceleration to top engine speed.
    Once you have that number, the g/s of the MAF sensor, multiply it by [0.8] to get the approximate horsepower.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/logging.php

For example, you maximum g/s was 224, so [224 x 0.8 = 179.2hp]. This is a rough estimate of the horsepower and is deemed to be accurate, but not 100% guaranteed.

Or, if you do not want to be bothered with all of the above, just sell the vehicle 'as is' and represent the power as stated by the manufacture and when asked, claim plausible deniability.

In the US and maybe other parts of the world, we call it a 'long block' (cylinder head(s) with a short block).

Hope this helps,

drpeter

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks dude, u rock👍✌️

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone know the should be values? I have 164,4 g/s in full throttle in 3rd gear, maybe dying maf?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krish View Post
    Someone know the should be values? I have 164,4 g/s in full throttle in 3rd gear, maybe dying maf?
    That equals ~205 hp. Doesn't sound terrible.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for answering!