Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: New Guy here! Retrofit aid in 2018 tiguan help please!

  1. #11
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm.............. here's an expanded version of the code-string for your hex5F module

    Code:
    Byte	Hex	Binary
    0	02	00000010
    1	73	01110011
    2	06	00000110
    3	02	00000010
    4	BE	10111110
    5	00	00000000
    6	00	00000000
    7	00	00000000
    8	51	01010001
    9	22	00100010
    10	00	00000000
    11	01	00000001
    12	00	00000000
    13	18	00011000
    14	08	00001000
    15	00	00000000
    16	1F	00011111
    17	05	00000101
    18	00	00000000
    19	C4	11000100
    20	01	00000001
    21	20	00100000
    22	04	00000100
    23	05	00000101
    24	C6	11000110
    I'll gladly accept advice to the contrary, but shouldn't Byte 19, Bit 5 be set for AID - according to this:



    Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

  2. Likes Uwe liked this post
  3. #12
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    hmmm.............. here's an expanded version of the code-string for your hex5F module

    Code:
    Byte	Hex	Binary
    0	02	00000010
    1	73	01110011
    2	06	00000110
    3	02	00000010
    4	BE	10111110
    5	00	00000000
    6	00	00000000
    7	00	00000000
    8	51	01010001
    9	22	00100010
    10	00	00000000
    11	01	00000001
    12	00	00000000
    13	18	00011000
    14	08	00001000
    15	00	00000000
    16	1F	00011111
    17	05	00000101
    18	00	00000000
    19	C4	11000100
    20	01	00000001
    21	20	00100000
    22	04	00000100
    23	05	00000101
    24	C6	11000110
    I'll gladly accept advice to the contrary, but shouldn't Byte 19, Bit 5 be set for AID - according to this:



    Don
    I don’t have that availability in the coding?

  4. #13
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,571
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by adema69 View Post
    I don’t have that availability in the coding?
    You're using an old HEX+CAN and don't get "experimental" coding info.

    But that doesn't prevent you from changing the bit in question.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  5. #14
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    You're using an old HEX+CAN and don't get "experimental" coding info.

    But that doesn't prevent you from changing the bit in question.

    -Uwe-
    Could it be possible the aid is not programmed correctly from the dealership?

  6. #15
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,571
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    See the field with the yellow "Binary:" representation? You can change the bit there. Bit 0 is on the right (least significant bit) and Bit 7 is on the left (most significant bit).

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  7. #16
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    See the field with the yellow "Binary:" representation? You can change the bit there. Bit 0 is on the right (least significant bit) and Bit 7 is on the left (most significant bit).

    -Uwe-
    Ok so what should I change the bit to?
    Should I make the binary 10010110

  8. #17
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to change byte 19 to 11100100 (hex E4)

    Also try these adaptations:

    5F:
    ENG122230-ENG142097-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps --> ON
    ENG122230-ENG127501-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-fastlist_most --> OFF
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

  9. Likes Uwe liked this post
  10. #18
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You need to change byte 19 to 11100100 (hex E4)

    Also try these adaptations:

    5F:
    ENG122230-ENG142097-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps --> ON
    ENG122230-ENG127501-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-fastlist_most --> OFF
    Tried this byte and still nothing just spins. Also tried the different adaptation and nothing. Could it be have the the fiber optic cable ports mixed up?

  11. #19
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it work! Thank you all for the help!

  12. Likes Uwe liked this post
  13. #20
    Verified VCDS User PetrolDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Molton, UK
    Posts
    1,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adema69 View Post
    Got it work! Thank you all for the help!
    What did you change to get it to work?

  14. Likes Uwe liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •