2015 NMS bulb check light with LED Reverse bulbs

jrm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=191865
Hello, new member- did a search didn't see anyone figuring out how to turn off the bulb out light on the dash yet, common issue with new LED lighting. I found LED for DRL's but not reverse lights. I would prefer to totally turn off the bulb check if possible.

pbsbogdan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326022
If I understand correctly, do you say you have changed the normal incandescence bulbs with LED ones and you get a warning light on the dash?
Well, this is done in diagnostics, since LEDs do consume less current than bulbs so it looks like a defective bulb. All I can think of is you can disable the diagnostics from coding if my memory serves me well. But keep it clear, using this way will not show you any warnings anymore related to broken leds.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not very hopeful about the "if possible" part, but please post an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly what control modules your NMS has.

-Uwe-

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Isn't the NMS an ordinary PQ46 car?
If so, EEPROM modifications are required to remove diagnostics from lights.

kczach

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123637
Have you tried a different brand of LED bulb with built in resistors? You might look on ECS tuning website or precision led.com I switched my previous S4 bulbs to LED from ecs tuning and never had an issue.

Back