Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Audi A6 C7 SIDE ASSIST retrofit, problem

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, we used new (Offline) ELSA WIN 6.0 and check wirring and now we know, that for facelift ELSA is ok.
    Now this side assist is working !!!
    There was some problem with swap left and right mirror LED, but it was because there was not described for what side it is.
    I used Vag Can Pro for dataset, and VCDS for coding and adaptations. Should be nice to make for all what to do list, but not time now :-/

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why you need to use vcp? Modules were new? After reparametrization, recalibration is not needed?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No modules was from test cars. But not sure if A6 or A7, so i upload there dataset for A6

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calibration i did not made, and i am not sure, but there probably was not component protection ...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    SWA3.0 modules have CP. If these don't then they're SWA2.0 max.
    Correct v3.0 have CP. v2.0 don't

I have fitted SWA to many MLBEvo cars and calibration is only needed if the modules are:

1. New
    2. Left and right modules were not from same (old) car if the modules are second hand.
    3. You flash the firmwares manually of the radar modules and not via SVM.

Even after you remove CP from them (you have to remove CP from both Master and Slave indivudally) if the modules came "as a pair" from another car, you do not need calibration (assuming they came from the same shape car!)

Otherwise you can calibrate at dealer or use VCP if they have a calibration set available.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or build your own device and diy calibration like I did

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Or build your own device and diy calibration like I did
    Or that.

I'd love to know what you built!?!
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll post a picture here. Actually I think I’ve already did to one thread but I’ll do another here

Metallic table fan

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here goes, instead sharing pictures, here's a link to a Google shared album where you'll find some pictures from the setup

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zeui64SwuteC7Sgy5

This setup works perfectly at least for SWA3.0 radars calibration. SWA3.0 calibrates as long as you will have enough reflection to calibrate to correct angle. Power will not be at the required level but for that the dynamic calibration does it's magic.

SWA2.0 requires both angle and reflected power in static calibration. Official calibration device has cylindrical fan inside the plastic box. Same fans are used in fridges. You can get those for less than 20 from eBay. So if you want to build your own professional device, that's not very expensive either

10. Likes Uwe, m87a, andyhud liked this post