PLVALOT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356202
Hi everyone.
How can I do that ????

I am french and my english is not very good. I would need help with the procedure to follow on my AUDI A4 B9....
Thank you
Cordially.

[Edit] Embedded Video Removed [/Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
The video is from an A4 B8 - not an A4 B9

On the B8 you can use what DV52 has written - on the B9 you can't use VCDS, you need another cable, e.g. VCP or OBDeleven

PLVALOT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356202
thank you for your precise explanations. Which serial number should I use ??? I tried with the serial number of the 5F calculator but it did not work .....

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
thank you for your precise explanations. Which serial number should I use ??? I tried with the serial number of the 5F calculator but it did not work .....

You A4 is a B9 - so you can not use VCDS for enabling VIM.

But just to explain how it works on an A4 B8:

[EDIT] Thanks, but we really don't want VIM instructions here in this forum. [/EDIT]

[EDIT] That is fine with me - but I didn't write anything new, then what DV52 had already written - I only set up the steps in a more readable way. - Please be more consistent in what is allowed and what is not! [/EDIT]

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Ross-Tech (I assume) said:
Thanks, but we really don't want VIM instructions here in this forum.

That is fine with me - but I didn't write anything new, then what DV52 had already written - I only set up the steps in a more readable way. - Please be more consistent in what is allowed and what is not!

rlarsen: I suspect that the resulting confusion was one of my making - mea culpa (as we ex-catholics say ;) )

Whilst I knew that Ross-Tech held a particular view about VIM - I wasn't aware that there was a forum prohibition on explaining how it could be implemented.

Now that I have become aware of my faux-pas - I have deleted my offending post

My apology (to you and to RT)

Don

Edit:It is with a degree of trepidation that I write the following: I acknowledge and I totally agree that Ross-Tech has (and should have) complete control over what is allowed and what is not allowed on their forum. But I remain mystified as to why there is this apparent forum restriction on discussion about VIM. Yes, there is the safety factor for those folk that are idiotic enough to watch a video while driving, but really ....... is it morally, or legally reasonable for this forum to provide a nanny role against such foolhardy behavior? It's worth noting (I think) that there are other reasons than the driver watching videos for wanting to enable VIM.

If I may be allowed to use an analogy - should we ban the use of knives in society because they can be used to harm/kill people?

Or, (and I use this second analogy without any intent of offense to the forum's administrators) - how does the forum standard on VIM sit against the forum's "advice on weaponry" thread -which whilst I'm not a gun person, I nevertheless find to be extremely interesting (not because of the technical discussion - but rather because of the thinking process of the authors)?

Again, without intending any offense - is not the same "nanny" role that appears to underpin the forum prohibition on VIM equally applicable to the "advice on weaponry" thread - for which there is no forum prohibition? And I'm sure that if I looked carefully through the other threads on this forum, I could find further discussion topics that might fall into the same category.

The point that I'm (respectfully) trying to make is that there is a correct and proper role for censorship on any forum - but, IMHO, the rules for this function need to be consistently applied and cogently argued (and ultimately, reasonably interpreted by the forum administrators)

hmm......... hope I don't get sent to the naughty-corner for expressing my views!! :(

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That is fine with me - but I didn't write anything new, then what DV52 had already written - I only set up the steps in a more readable way. - Please be more consistent in what is allowed and what is not!
Apologies. I must have missed that.

Whilst I knew that Ross-Tech held a particular view about VIM
It's not any kind of personal conviction, but rather an effort to keep the lawyers from knocking on our doors when something bad happens to a car that's playing a movie at speed.

-Uwe-

Back