Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from India

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking to this being reviewed as i am a newbie in this and your guidance to figure out firstly, if there are serious faults and thence, to make some tweaks.

For the latter i shall be posting a new thread in the tweaks section of this forum with a list of what i propose to tweak. Again, I shall be looking for guidance as this is new to me.

Thank you in advance.
    Sept.2013 VW Jetta TDI with DSG (RoW), "das große weiße".

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain sensing windows roll up not working but activated via VCDS

Good day to you all!

So i have tried the RLS adaption to close windows automatically when rain is sensed using the following information

Code:
    Auto Closing Sunroof & Windows via Rain Light Sensor
    Requires the (RLS) light sensor. This will require coding the master [09] - Central Electronics module and the Sub-System RLS.

[09] - Central Electronics module using Coding, Long Coding Helper
    Byte 4 Comfort Operation Windows/Sunroof via Rain Sensor must be enabled
    Byte 4 Comfort Operation Windows/Sunroof via Rain Sensor (Rain Closing) active must be enabled
    Sub-System RLS (from the drop-down menu) using Coding, Long Coding Helper
    Rain Closing active must be enabled
    This was the source of the above information

I've enabled the RLS activation also as described from the pull down menu.

The following were the conditions under which the procedure was carried out:
    1. Ignition On, engine on
    2. All 4 windows down
    3. All 4 doors unlocked
    4. Euro switch set to "0" setting
    5. Wiper Stalk set to "off" position

Once the coding was successfully accepted, I closed VCDS on my laptop, pulled out the computer side USB cable (VCDS "port" side still connected to vehicle). Time was night time.

I switched off the ignition, then switched on ignition as well as engine. Set Euro switch to "Auto" mode. Windows were down already. Set wiper stalk to auto. Pour water on rls on the front windshield wipers work, but the windows don't lift up.

Anything i'm doing wrong?

Went back and checked the long coding bits/byte and they were active this time which means the coding has been accepted correctly and stored correctly.

THank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    The car would needs to be locked via remote first and if memory serves, there may be a small delay before rain closing works. Also, check the MFA (instrument cluster menus) to see if a new rain closing menu appeared and confirm that box is ticked.

Feel free to post the current scan if you want someone to check the coding changes.

4. Likes derPoltergeist, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much, Dana. i'll chck on the morrow and post the findings.

Have a great day ahead!

Edit: Couldn't resist so went and checked what you suggested (minus the VCDS stuff).
    When i switch on engine, i cannot lock the car using the keyfob. So i switched off engine, locked all 4 doors using keyfob. Then started engine, there was another lock sound and the wipers work on auto when i pour water on the RLS on front windshield. But windows dont roll up as yet. But then i realize i may not be correctly replicating rain because rain falls almost continuously in real life and i'm just splattering the RLS intermittently.

Will do a thorough run tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Last edited by derPoltergeist; 03-29-2019 at 12:47 PM. Reason: adding more detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good. Just to clarify, rain closing only applies to a locked car. When supported, the windows (and sunroof if equipped) should automatically close when rain is detected and the vehicle is locked.

So, if you locked the car on a sunny day with the windows down and it started to rain at a later point in time the windows should close.

Rain closing doesn't apply to key on or engine on window functions.

7. Likes Uwe, Mari, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by derPoltergeist View Post
    When i switch on engine, i cannot lock the car using the keyfob. So i switched off engine, locked all 4 doors using keyfob. Then started engine, there was another lock sound and the wipers work on auto when i pour water on the RLS on front windshield. But windows dont roll up as yet. But then i realize i may not be correctly replicating rain because rain falls almost continuously in real life and i'm just splattering the RLS intermittently.
    I do not think Rain Closing is intended to work while the engine is running, or the car is any any state except parked and locked. If the engine is running, you should be in the car and be able to close the windows yourself. Rain closing is intended to keep the interior dry in cases where you've parked the car with the windows open and are away from it when it begins to rain.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

9. Likes Mari, Dana, derPoltergeist liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    God day to you Uwe!
    Thanks for your response. From what you wrote here, it seems to me that the RLS is therefore monitored at all times? Because if i lock the vehicle (and windows are down), the power should theoretically be disconnected to everything (except alarm / intrusion detection)?
    I think your explaination goes contrary to my current understanding. I always thought that with this option enabled, i could be driving around countryside with windows down and when it rains, this coding should do the needful?

ANyhow, I'll try this option too, in a few hours from now and report back.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heck i just reacted to Uwe post and now i read Dana post and she's saying the same thing!

Ok So i'm sorry this is my misunderstanding. Let me try the same thing, Dana.

I was totally expecting a different kind of functionality.

Also, can you please explain what are MFAs that you were talking about in an earlier post and how to get to them?

Thanks again Uwe and Dana.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It works as Dana and Uwe mentioned!!!
    Woohooo!
    THanks!

13. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post