Seat Sound System retrofit

stefan147

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=361962
Hi,

I just retrofitted all parts of the Seat Sound System on my Leon Cupra. In fact I just added one center speaker and a passive subwoofer, redirected front speakers and coded the MIB2 Standard navi. This means that this system does not come with an amplifier but just adds the two new speakers on the MIB unlike the more recent Beats system with the digital amplifier.

The thing is that in 5F I can find 8 different coding options for the sound system. I tested them one by one and the most right to my ears is the one with the description "Sound system internal_individual". Sound in general is great but the subwoofer seems to produce some "melody" together with the correct low frequencies. I think this should not happen so the question is if the coding is correct. Can you please confirm which coding option in 5F corresponds to the Seat Sound System?

Thank you

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Are you sure 5F has a subwoofer output? Normally sounds systems have an amp partially because that adds more individual speaker channels, and i doubt there is a factory config without an amp but with a sub. If there isn't any coding option for the setup you have, I doubt unit 5F will output a subwoofer signal but will just output an additional speaker channel, with the result you experience.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Without parameters, there is nothing to do.

You can activate it in coding, but doesn't help....

Are you sure 5F has a subwoofer output? Normally sounds systems have an amp partially because that adds more individual speaker channels, and i doubt there is a factory config without an amp but with a sub. If there isn't any coding option for the setup you have, I doubt unit 5F will output a subwoofer signal but will just output an additional speaker channel, with the result you experience.

There is and it works. ;)

stefan147

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=361962
Without parameters, there is nothing to do.

You can activate it in coding, but doesn't help....
I'm not sure I quite understand that. What kind of parameters you mean? Isn't that what coding does?

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
no, he's talking about the module DATASET. VCDS cannot upload that and you need the other cable.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I'm not sure I quite understand that. What kind of parameters you mean? Isn't that what coding does?
Parameters are a set of value held in EEPROM in the module that define some basics about the vehicle type they relate to.

Coding configures the module to work in a particular vehicle.

They are not the same...

stefan147

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=361962
So if I'm getting this right there's not much I can do with the VCDS now. I will probably connect a crossover at least in order to filter unwanted frequencies and see what happens. After all I'm more than satisfied with the result. I didn't expect it to become a Bowers&Wilkins system...

Thanks everyone for your answers.

Back