Thread: VCDS Check for update always throws -4 error

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS Check for update always throws -4 error

Hello Guys,

So I updated the VCDS , I tried Beta, Release , local internet, vpn , other county as well, I always get "VCDS was not able to reach the server (error code : -4) " any idea how I can have this fixed ?

I don't mind to always go to the website and get the newest version and then do the install again but I did a mistake while I was In a hurry and I actually deleted the VCDS folder with the initial scan and all the log so if we have that update function there I wanted to know if we can use it as well.

Thanks.

Aurelian

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Aurelian,

Personally, I usually do a Copy/Paste [Logs] folder from C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS in My Documents and then install a newer version from here or Beta.

This takes 5 minutes.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AurelianRQ View Post
    I always get "VCDS was not able to reach the server (error code : -4) " any idea how I can have this fixed ?
    Check your HOSTS file to see if there's anything in there that might be blocking Ross-Tech.com.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes Eric liked this post