Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A8 D3 New Suspension Valve Block can't calibrate susp Module error 35 invalid key

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johndavidrichards View Post
    OK measurement for front axle Drivers and Pass are both 387 mm
    Rear axle Driver and Pass are both 470 mm
    Front is a bit low. Should be 416 mm with standard suspension (PR-1BK) or 396 mm with sport suspension (PR-2MA/2MB).
    Rear is clearly wonked. Should be 398 mm with standard suspension (PR-1BK) or 378 mm (rear) sport suspension (PR-2MA/2MB).
    Since this is a 2004 A8L, I would suppose it does not have "Sport Suspension".

Group 005 (Absolute vehicle height) you have:
    FL:78 FR:85 RL:109 RR:117

Group 010 (Vehicle level deviation) you have:
    FL:-25.0 mm FR: -18.0 mm RL:-3.0 mm RR: 18.0 mm

None of this explains the 70 mm excess height in the rear.

My gut says there's something wrong with the way the rear sensors are installed. Having never owned or physically worked on a D3 A8, I'm not intimately familiar with them, but it is my understanding that they can be installed incorrectly and this confuses the heck out of the controller.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or incorrect level sensors with different rod length or bent brackets.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to dig into the rear sensors a bit. I'll get back to you guys.
    When I figure this out I'm going to write up the whole process including my bone head mistakes.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I tell everyone to set suspension calibrations with timing the sensors & verify report in blocks then just set the suspension where you want it manually and create the limitations needed to not exceed a threshold to enact a DTC.

Doing this before a car has a problem is the time to create a journal and control arm measurement to a fixed point of vehicle & at each respective sensor.

These measurements corelate to blocks of each corner or sensor & with a car in a fixed position to establish a quick ref baseline or basic setting with tape measure.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes MartinsX liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night after reading your messages I ran outside crawled under the car and took pictures of how I had mounted the rear sensors and compared them to some pictures I found online of them mounted correctly. Pic is of pass rear side. I think I mounted them wrong. If so Iíll know for sure when I get home tonight to test the theory. I feel like a bone head.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HeW5ai52SKA7AE5G6

7. Likes Uwe liked this post