VCDS Mobile usb connection

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
No. VCDS-Mobile 'App' really just helps to direct the mobile device's web browser to the HEX-NET. You have a HEX-V2 which does not support VCDS-Mobile.

Sdiz86

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326197
No. VCDS-Mobile 'App' really just helps to direct the mobile device's web browser to the HEX-NET. You have a HEX-V2 which does not support VCDS-Mobile.

Yes I know the HEX-V2 doesn't support the VCDS Mobile, but my question was to the TECH guys if it was POSSIBLE to make it work. A lot easier to use an phone or tablet instead of the laptop.

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
My knowledge about this: with this type or "ugly connector" yes, can work with Windows based tablet equipment. Uwe spoke about this in Frankfurt. :cool:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes I know the HEX-V2 doesn't support the VCDS Mobile, but my question was to the TECH guys if it was POSSIBLE to make it work. A lot easier to use an phone or tablet instead of the laptop.
Almost anything is possible if someone is willing to throw enough resources (time and money) at it. ;)

Now let's discuss what is practical:

If you wish to use a tablet with a HEX-V2, you can. I just has to be a Windows tablet, so it can run the full VCDS software. I've done this with a Dell Venue 8 Pro, but they are out of production now. If I were in the market for a Windows tablet at this point, I'd probably get a Surface Go.

If you wish to use VCDS-Mobile on a tablet or phone with an OS other than Windows on it, then you need to get a HEX-NET.

The HEX-V2 does not have the hardware (storage or networking) necessary to run VCDS-Mobile, and the full version of VCDS requires Windows running on an x86 or x64 CPU.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I use VCDS almost exclusively now with my Windows 10 tablet - a cheap one made by Chuwi - which works really well.

Back