Thread: VCDS Mobile usb connection

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS Mobile usb connection

Hi,
    Is it possible to make the HEX-V2 communcate with the VCDS Mobile app by using usb connection?

See pictures;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcca1v715e..._0004.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idqgmw6jih..._0007.JPG?dl=0

Post Thanks / Like
    No. VCDS-Mobile 'App' really just helps to direct the mobile device's web browser to the HEX-NET. You have a HEX-V2 which does not support VCDS-Mobile.

3. Likes Uwe, Eric, Boki Ar liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    No. VCDS-Mobile 'App' really just helps to direct the mobile device's web browser to the HEX-NET. You have a HEX-V2 which does not support VCDS-Mobile.

Yes I know the HEX-V2 doesn't support the VCDS Mobile, but my question was to the TECH guys if it was POSSIBLE to make it work. A lot easier to use an phone or tablet instead of the laptop.

Post Thanks / Like
    My knowledge about this: with this type or "ugly connector" yes, can work with Windows based tablet equipment. Uwe spoke about this in Frankfurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdiz86 View Post
    Yes I know the HEX-V2 doesn't support the VCDS Mobile, but my question was to the TECH guys if it was POSSIBLE to make it work. A lot easier to use an phone or tablet instead of the laptop.
    Almost anything is possible if someone is willing to throw enough resources (time and money) at it.

Now let's discuss what is practical:

If you wish to use a tablet with a HEX-V2, you can. I just has to be a Windows tablet, so it can run the full VCDS software. I've done this with a Dell Venue 8 Pro, but they are out of production now. If I were in the market for a Windows tablet at this point, I'd probably get a Surface Go.

If you wish to use VCDS-Mobile on a tablet or phone with an OS other than Windows on it, then you need to get a HEX-NET.

The HEX-V2 does not have the hardware (storage or networking) necessary to run VCDS-Mobile, and the full version of VCDS requires Windows running on an x86 or x64 CPU.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use VCDS almost exclusively now with my Windows 10 tablet - a cheap one made by Chuwi - which works really well.

9. Likes Uwe, Boki Ar liked this post