Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Audi A4 3.0L Runs And Shuts-Off Imediately. Need Advice On What To Check.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe,

It's KW-1281

Is this reason why I'm not able to do the replacement instrument cluster SKC adaption too?

Now I'm not even able to use the original instrument cluster now in order to keep the car running.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe,

It's KW-1281

Is this reason why I'm not able to do the replacement instrument cluster SKC adaption too?

Now I'm not even able to use the original instrument cluster now in order to keep the car running.

You can remarry the keys in custody to that cluster with VCDS in KW1281 & because the lock bit is set to that cluster!

Would you like me to default that cluster for you with proper documentation & so you can marry a key and do an 050 swap or have me do a real data transfer?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes Benjisan265 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    You can remarry the keys in custody to that cluster with VCDS in KW1281 & because the lock bit is set to that cluster!

Would you like me to default that cluster for you with proper documentation & so you can marry a key and do an 050 swap or have me do a real data transfer?
    Hi Jack,

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer me at this point.

Can you tell me what's involved so I can marry a key and do the 050 swap.

And how could you do a real data transfer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack,

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer me at this point.

Can you tell me what's involved so I can marry a key and do the 050 swap.

And could you do a real data transfer?
    That's what I do......with all components submitted and credentials.

I will need the engine ECU, all keys and the clusters for transfer!

You could also just send me the cluster with proof of purchase to default/credentials and I could leave blank as if bought from a dealer or marry a transponder to it or leave in programming mode awaiting keys.

Lots of options

Now login to yours and remarry a key or keys by setting the key count as per the RTFB.

0x17-11-SKC
    0x17-10-00
    0x17-21-00 DCY + 0x17-11 for dropped session 0x17-10-21-KEY count flip keys per DCY until keys are all done.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I do......with all components submitted and credentials.

I will need the engine ECU, all keys and the clusters for transfer!

You could also just send me the cluster with proof of purchase to default/credentials and I could leave blank as if bought from a dealer or marry a transponder to it or leave in programming mode awaiting keys.

Lots of options

Now login to yours and remarry a key or keys by setting the key count as per the RTFB.

0x17-11-SKC
    0x17-10-00
    0x17-21-00 DCY + 0x17-11 for dropped session 0x17-10-21-KEY count flip keys per DCY until keys are all done.
    Hi Jack,

All that above highlighted in bold sounds very expensive.

My wife already wants to kill me since she was dead set on me buying this car in the first place. Ive already had to hear her tell me multiple times that "I told you so".

If I can't get this all sorted out in a very reasonable cost factor then I'm afraid that I will have to let the car go much cheaper than what I paid for it and hang my head in shame while cutting my losses. Of course my wife is never going to let me forget about this because she wanted me to get a cheap Toyota Camry.

Okay, now that I got that all out what does all this below mean? Are those specific fields that I need to plug in to the VCDS software somewhere in order to do the re-matching of my primary key. I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow with this since I'm not well versed in this Audi Vw software stuff.

0x17-11-SKC
    0x17-10-00

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife already wants to kill me since she was dead set on me buying this car in the first place. Ive already had to hear her tell me multiple times that "I told you so".

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ut-0x01-08-000

Okay talk to me what you call a good deal?

You call it......

And beware and forewarned, at any point if you lie to me, you will regret it, so don't!

8. Likes Benjisan265 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ut-0x01-08-000

Okay talk to me what you call a good deal?

You call it......

And beware and forewarned, at any point if you lie to me, you will regret it, so don't!
    OMG Jack, that American Dad video where Stan is afraid that Francine is going to him "I told you so" had me ROFLOL...

A good deal is?

That is going to be where I get this SKC Cluster SNAFU all sorted out without a lot more money being spent going forward, so my wife won't GRIPE anymore that ----> "I told you so" ...

Could I follow these steps in the link here ----> http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index..._%28Cluster%29
    Even though I wasn't able to do the "Immobilizer III Immobilizer Swapping (Instrument Cluster)" successfully?

Post Thanks / Like
    .........Indeed!

11. Likes Benjisan265 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    .........Indeed!
    Hi Jack,

I'm going to try the key adaption in VCDS a little while. Could you please explain in simple terms what "DCY" means before I attempt to re-marry my original key back to my original instrument cluster.

Post Thanks / Like
    DCY

Drive cycle

or

" D " as ignition switch or ignition Key cycled to reset terminal 15 power.

14. Likes Benjisan265 liked this post