Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Audi A4 3.0L Runs And Shuts-Off Imediately. Need Advice On What To Check.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry.

I'm not really understanding what you mean by that.
    Some never do?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I tried to adapt the new cluster once again using VCDS and I'm able to login using that clusters retrieved SKC. When I enter the adaption area and enter channel 050 and hit read the first field populates with the word Pin ? and a question mark. I then put in the original clusters SKC and hit test I never get the Vin# or any other information in the field boxes to populate.

If I hit save the word ERROR populates the first field box and the next 3 read Channel 50 - Not - Available

Anybody have any ideas if there's other channels to be used with and early 2002 A4?

Edit: Also I'm getting the same results with the original cluster too. Car only runs for 3 seconds and dies. Immobilizer flashes with the original cluster and key.
    Last edited by Benjisan265; 03-22-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question?

Since I replaced the cluster can my original used key still be used since the immobilizer pill in the key has been used already?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I tried to adapt the new cluster once again using VCDS and I'm able to login using that clusters retrieved SKC. When I enter the adaption area and enter channel 050 and hit read the first field populates with the word Pin ? and a question mark. I then put in the original clusters SKC and hit test I never get the Vin# or any other information in the field boxes to populate.

If I hit save the word ERROR populates the first field box and the next 3 read Channel 50 - Not - Available

Anybody have any ideas if there's other channels to be used with and early 2002 A4?

Edit: Also I'm getting the same results with the original cluster too. Car only runs for 3 seconds and dies. Immobilizer flashes with the original cluster and key.

You can't do that 050 swap with an unauthorized key or a cluster in used status RB4 now can you?

Post the advanced ID of both clusters please.

Kids today, I'll tell ya?

Why are you changing the cluster?

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Benjisan265 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question?

Since I replaced the cluster can my original used key still be used since the immobilizer pill in the key has been used already?
    With VCDS NO!

With alternate options yes or changing to a fresh transponder than you can use VCDS but only after deleting all keys!

7. Likes Benjisan265 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    You can't do that 050 swap with an unauthorized key or a cluster in used status RB4 now can you?

Post the advanced ID of both clusters please.

Kids today, I'll tell ya?

Why are you changing the cluster?

Thanks Jack,

The previous owner of the car was having issues with the fuel gauge, temp gauge and a intermittent oil pressure light that would just randomly appear for about two minutes and then disappear for the next 15 or 20 minutes of driving.

He had receipts from the Audi dealership by him that was servicing the car which showed the fuel sending unit in the tank was replaced a few years back and most recently the replacement of the temp sending switch and oil pressure switch. He was told by that same dealership that the car most likely needed a new instrument cluster but he couldn't justify the $1200 for the cluster and installation cost.

I confirmed oil pressure was well within spec before I purchased the car and did some research which seemed to indicate that I could replace the cluster with a good used one by retrieving the SKC of both clusters and using VCDS to adapt it.

Now I have a car that only runs for 3 seconds and I'm stumped as to why. The Ross Tech video on Imo 3 and cluster swapping made it look so simple.

Can you advise me on how to get the advanced ID of both clusters please.

Kind Regards,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjisan265 View Post
    Can you advise me on how to get the advanced ID of both clusters please.
    [Select]
    [17-Instruments]
    [Advanced ID]

You'll have to screen-shot it because VCDS-Lite does not have a Save button on that screen.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

10. Likes Benjisan265, NitrousOxide liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    [Select]
    [17-Instruments]
    [Advanced ID]

You'll have to screen-shot it because VCDS-Lite does not have a Save button on that screen.

-Uwe-
    Okay, I will try to do that later on this evening and post a screen shot.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    [Select]
    [17-Instruments]
    [Advanced ID]

-Uwe-
    Hi Uwe,

My version VCDS-Lite doesn't give me that option. All the buttons Readiness, Advanced ID, and the other one are all grayed out. I also don't have the use of the Clear Faults button under Auto Scan for the controllers.

Is there something different with my software then what you guys use.

I bought a activation license a couple of days ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't remember which protocol the instrument cluster in your car uses. If it's KWP-2000, then the Advanced ID button should be available. However, if it's KW-1281 (the original VAG protocol) then the Advanced ID button will not be available because the protocol doesn't support that function.

[Select]
    [17-Insturments]
    Let VCDS connect and tell us which of the above-mentioned protocols is shown.

As for Clear All Fault Codes on the Auto-Scan screen, that isn't supported by VCDS-Lite. You have to go to each control module individually to clear faults.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.