Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2002 Audi A4 3.0L Runs And Shuts-Off Imediately. Need Advice On What To Check.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    The gauges are for sure, the color display not sure but most likely just might?

Well, I don't think I'm going to try and open that can of worms.

I will be more than happy just to have a cluster that doesn't display like a Christmas tree and gives me real information in the temp and oil pressure area.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one indeed does.....
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified Coal Cracker
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told you jack is the man!
    You are lucky your wife gave you some of the German chocolate!
    My wife eat's them all! I don't get $hit.
    And after all her worrying she got German chocolate.

Good Luck

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, Benjisan265 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Immo Agrument

Quote Originally Posted by Benjisan265 View Post
    Now with that said, from in the quote above Jack, am I to understand that my original color center display is capable/compatible of being swapped out rather easily with the non-color display.

Kind Regards,

Robert
    If you thinking just swap LCD , then it is not possible , they are completely 2 different things. You have to get Color cluster.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

6. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vwtech View Post
    I told you jack is the man!
    You are lucky your wife gave you some of the German chocolate!
    My wife eat's them all! I don't get $hit.
    And after all her worrying she got German chocolate.

Good Luck
    "I told you jack is the man!" All I can say VwTech is I have no argument there.

Now I've been married to my wonderful wife for 21 plus years. You learn what the boundaries are when it comes to excellent high-end chocolate and getting half a chocolate bar from her was not an easy task....

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta ,97 View Post
    If you thinking just swap LCD , then it is not possible , they are completely 2 different things. You have to get Color cluster.
    It was a thought, but as I stated earlier to Jack, it's not a road I 'm going to travel down.

I just want an instrument cluster that works for now so I can keep the car and focus on the other areas of the car that may need some attention. Previous owner was advised that a coolant and brake fluid flush was being recommended from his Audi service center since it's been more than 5 years since those were last changed.

Also I'm going to heed Jack's pictogram above and not deviate from his steps above when I swap the cluster out using VCDS.

10. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Jetta ,97 liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember that the public code is REQUIRED first & your code is to be used if good from your car in 050.

I believe that code is good since you were successful remarrying existing keys.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Just remember that the public code is REQUIRED first & your code is to be used if good from your car in 050.

I believe that code is good since you were successful remarrying existing keys.
    Well understood!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If anyone is looking for the debate between Jack and Jetta ,97 that used to be in this thread, I've split it out into its own thread:
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?18213

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jack,

You're unbelievable helpful, kind and a God send.

The replacement cluster is in, SKC went perfectly, keys are adapted, coolant gauge is working, low oil pressure light is off and the fuel gauge appears to be working okay, but I won't know for sure until I drive the Audi back and forth to my Job next week for sure. Haven't done the mileage adaption as of yet because of time constraints.

Haven't tested the navigation, but who cares. Only had to recode the Bose radio, which is simple.

As money permits I will start moving on to the other issues the car has and look forward to interacting with you great guys here on the forum in resolving them as needed.

Kind Regards,

Robert