Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 2002 Audi A4 3.0L Runs And Shuts-Off Imediately. Need Advice On What To Check.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick query

Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Marry or install correct Key or cluster or both...........
    Which "correct" key was he supposed to use? Is it the one for the ECU, or the transponder that would have come with the donor cluster from the salvage yard?

I'm asking this question in the case of Immobilizer 4 (although this is a thread about Immobilizer 3).
    I've read thorugh: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ent_Cluster%29

&

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...V_Key_Matching however it doesn't say which one of the keys to use at any given time other than a line saying "All keys are either brand new or were adapted to this car (IMMO-ID) before."

Since I'm doing a retrofit of a (non-virgin) 2012 MK6 Golf cluster to my 2008 MK5 Golf, I'd be better off doing this with a new transponder as opposed to trying the donor key?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    New.......

Not VCDS related but if playing UDS better have an old Key married to cluster to get the seed.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes NitrousOxide liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll fire up the blank transponder now.
    ...and hopefully reply with good news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Post pictures..... I think this is a retrofit!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize,

I forgot to state that this is a retrofit of a MK6 cluster in a MK5 car. I'll post photos and part numbers shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take to appropriate retrofit area....

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    better have an old Key married to cluster to get the seed.
    This is an issue for me as my stock ECU only seems to get/release the seed with the original MK5 key (after waiting the 10 minutes), but not a blank key, or the key married to the cluster. I'm aware I have to wait 10+ minutes between each attempt.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take to appropriate retrofit area....
    There is no need. Jetta,97 resolved my retrofit concerns through e-mail correspondence.
    The cluster is installed, and the immobilizer work was done to add a virgin key.

I must take the opportunity to publicly thank Jetta ,97 for being so patient in guiding me through the EEPROM process, as I didn't want to ruin another ID48 transponder again. I definitely owe him a beer or something for his persistence in responding to all my e-mails over the past 24 hours.