Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Audi A4 3.0L Runs And Shuts-Off Imediately. Need Advice On What To Check.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack,

When I was attempting to do the cluster swap I couldn't get past the part of it adapting/accepting the new clusters SKC to the old SKC pin. (and I still cant)

Reading a post on Audizine a member had stated that he had to set the replacement cluster to (New-Virgin Mode) and that the mileage needed to be zeroed out for the VCDS software to recognize the cluster as being new.

It also didn't work.

I still cant get the Vin# to populate no matter what I attempt. When I read Adaptation - 10 and read channel 050 in the Immobilizer - Vehicle Data Learning box and clear out the new value field and test I don't get the vin# information in field 1 or 2.

When I hit save I get a system error populated in field 1.

The word ERROR populates the first field box and the next 3 read Channel 50 - Not - Available

Is it possible this is because the coding is different between the two clusters.

And to change the coding all I need to do is plug in this coding value----> 00201 in where this coding value is----> 03200

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can try set the coding of replacement cluster 1:1 as Your original have and then try replacement procedure via channel 050. Worth a try.
    I haven't experienced any problems with replacing immo 3 clusters, but in Your case I suspect:
    - coding (I'm not sure, as for this exact cluster engine type is not defined in coding...)
    - defective replacement cluster
    - EEPROM of replacement cluster messed up by tool witch was used to get PIN and change mileage.

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsX View Post
    You can try set the coding of replacement cluster 1:1 as Your original have and then try replacement procedure via channel 050. Worth a try.
    I haven't experienced any problems with replacing immo 3 clusters, but in Your case I suspect:
    - coding (I'm not sure, as for this exact cluster engine type is not defined in coding...)
    - defective replacement cluster
    - EEPROM of replacement cluster messed up by tool witch was used to get PIN and change mileage.

Hi MartinsX,

I used Vag EEPrommer v1.9 and didn't write anything to clusters Bin file. I only read the Bin file decrypted to get the SKC. Also I tried to adapt the cluster using VCDS before I did a reset of mileage. I never attempted to write to the cluster, ever, using the Vag EEProgrammer.

So to code the new cluster to the old cluster codes. It as simple as replacing that one field in coding that has 03200 with 00201 in VCDS lite?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, just replace figures in coding string and hit SAVE.

I don't mean that You did some EEPROM changes, but Your tool could do this without notifying You. I had to repair some bricked clusters after someone tried to read/write EEPROM, change mileage, get PIN, program keys etc.

6. Likes Benjisan265 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, just replace figures in coding string and hit SAVE.

I don't mean that You did some EEPROM changes, but Your tool could do this without notifying You. I had to repair some bricked clusters after someone tried to read/write EEPROM, change mileage, get PIN, program keys etc.
    Okay MartinsX,

I will try that.

If that doesn't work would it be advisable to take a copy from my original clusters Bin file and write that to the replacement cluster using Vag EEPROGRAMMER?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjisan265 View Post
    Okay MartinsX,

I will try that.

If that doesn't work would it be advisable to take a copy from my original clusters Bin file and write that to the replacement cluster using Vag EEPROGRAMMER?
    NO!!!
    You have different partnumber clusters. Even the same partnumber clusters may have different HW/SW versions and different EEPROM chips in some cases.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO!!!
    You have different partnumber clusters. Even the same partnumber clusters may have different HW/SW versions and different EEPROM chips in some cases.
    Roger that.

Thought I would check before even attempting anything that modifies the cluster.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MartinsX,

I used Vag EEPrommer v1.9 and didn't write anything to clusters Bin file. I only read the Bin file decrypted to get the SKC. Also I tried to adapt the cluster using VCDS before I did a reset of mileage. I never attempted to write to the cluster, ever, using the Vag EEProgrammer.

So to code the new cluster to the old cluster codes. It as simple as replacing that one field in coding that has 03200 with 00201 in VCDS lite?

Okay MartinsX,

I will try that.

Your future real soon if thinking that!

Indeed!

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes MartinsX, Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well re-coding the replacement cluster only produced the same results. When I read channel 050 in the adaption portion for instrument cluster controller the first field reads KEY. In the Vehicle Data Learning box I can clear out the new value field 32000 put in the original SKC and test I don't get the vin# information in field 1 or 2.

f I hit save, the word ERROR populates the first field box and the next 3 fields read Channel 50 - Not - Available

Is it possible that another channel might be specifically used for the 2002 years in order to adapt the original SKC to the replacement cluster?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    No valid key or with cluster in service mode = no 050 swap!

The tool you used has locked you out!

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........