VW interior heater

paddyz1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=273783
Do any of the VW interior heaters have any common faults with the likes of the heater matrix or any of the controls that operate the flaps for diverting warm air.

I own a 2010 Scirroco and i am getting intermittent warmth. Sometimes it's warm and then cold.

When i am at speed it will have heat blowing into the car but when i slow down I will start getting cold air.
I also have to have the motor on 3/4 to full power to get any heat when travelling at slow speeds

I have had the aircon refreshed about a month ago in the hope that it sorted the heater out but that has not changed anything.
I am guessing it may be a flap or a control actuator that may be at fault so just asking if VW has a common fault with these parts (or something similar) on the heater unit.

Also guessing the whole dash has to come out to get at it.

It does not show up on VDCS btw.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Have you watched the coolant temps using VCDS?

Hint: The coolant temp gauge in the dash is utterly worthless and will point straight to the middle for a huge range of temperatures.

-Uwe-

paddyz1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=273783
No not with VDCS and yes the temp gauge is always at 12 oclock dead when up to temp. I will check it on VDCS this weekend thanks

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
In my Tourans, you can also view the real temp in the Climatronic secret menu.

They both show 90 on the gauge, when the engine temp is from 75 to over 100C (I think 105?).

There is probably a flap alignment adaptation somewhere in VCDS.

It could even be an air lock or water pump issue too.

Quite a number of the actuators can be accessed withotu dash removal. Just depends which ones are where on your model.

Reactions: Uwe
Back