Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Lost remote fob function (7L6 Touareg)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thinking here. So I put a key in but did not turn it. Pressed the brake pedal per the wiki on immo 3 kessy swaps. Pulled up 05 then security access and entered the alleged pin. That message above popped up. Can it hurt to proceed with adaptation and enter my old kessy in in block 50? I am thinking no and if it accepts it then I can successfully move on with those steps then onto key matching once my new fobs come in tomorrow IF I actually need them. I would try the current FOBs first. I've done the key matching thing before, trying to get the remotes to work. Went smoothly. Today was the first time I entered a pin and got anything but rejected so I'm thinking I manage to grab the correct pin for the "new" kessy.

If Im right on that do I have to answer yes and lose a VCDS slot? Or can I answer no and proceed to adaptation. Nervous here! Dont want to mess things up.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it PAYS to READ lol. Seems Iose a slot on my 3 VIN unit which is fine. Tje kessy on this car has plagued me from day one and apparently the prior owner as well since its an upgrade installed around '09. When I look up the carfax there are more than the average battery replacements, electrical system checks, etc going back to not long after the car was purchased. After reading the FAQ on here I learned that this type of swap requires registration of the vin. Thats fine. I was concerned it was going to register with the ecu and mess things up lol.

My plan for today is wait to hear from the seller what the VIN was. If it matches what VCDS tells me then I will try to proceed with the pin that seems to work. If the pin does not work I will be sending it out to Jack. Frankly I should have just done that in the beginning but I enjoy a challenge and I've come this far, may as well march along just a little farther. I will also call my dealer. They had planned to work on this AND do a safety recall on the fuel pumps. Ill just have them do the pumps.

I figure worst case is I get the new kessy in and the remotes still do not work. If thats the case then I will procede with my most dreaded troubleshooting procedure, trying to find wiring faults. I HATE doing that on cars and machinery. Visual inspections of the usual suspects look fine. However these early eggs were plagued with kessy issues and battery drains. My goal here is to get my low mileage (104k) 15 year old car to be dependable and last me several more years, then becoming my backup/winter vehicle when I buy something newer.

Finally DO NOT ASK how I got this pin. Why? Well I have been away from Windows for 10 years now. I believe the software I used was/is pirated. Not from Ross Tech but another business trying to earn a living. I WILL disclose, via PM only, the hand written and free command line software I attempted to use but could not get the cables or port settings right. But even on that one I am iffy, how do I know you arent a car thief? Be warned though, that software can read and WRITE the eeprom on these cars. If you dont know how to do command line switches etc you are far better off sending your unit out to Jack or similar in my opinion. A kessy swap is not for the faint of heart. You can render your car immobile and wind up needing it towed to a dealer who may or may not know how or be willing to install used parts.

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it PAYS to READ lol.
    READ THIS!

Beware of 050 swap in VCDS for "directions" and Chinese clones of ODIS that deliberately riddle a car with a VIN from another car & making the entire car locked out by alignment with false idenity!

Excuse me, did you ask what GOD needs with a Starship?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Akron04 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    READ THIS!

Beware of 050 swap in VCDS for "directions" and Chinese clones of ODIS that deliberately riddle a car with a VIN from another car & making the entire car locked out by alignment with false idenity!

Excuse me, did you ask what GOD needs with a Starship?

I have figured out that, like a cluster or ECU sway, VCDS will register it as another car on my 3 VIN license. That is fine. The directions I am using are right from the Ross Tech wiki. No idea what ODIS is?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a picture of the VIN tag from the donor vehicle from the seller. The VIN matches the VIN that came up on VCDS. Proceed? Are the kessy pin codes for 2006 5 full digits, ie no leading zero? Because that it what I came up with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have security access accepted?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Do you have security access accepted?
    Maybe. I had tried a few other codes prevously, they came up rejected/denied. I tried this code which starts with a 2 and is 5 full digits, the VCDS software asked about adding it to my registered devices and I declined because I didn't know what that meant at first. I believe I have to answer yes to find out if security access is accepted. Now that I know what the registration was (I was worried it was going to register to the ECU or something) and that I know I will lose a VIN slot I am willing to proceed. I figure worst case it registers to my software/cable, which I must do anyway, and the code does not work. In that case I send it off you you. If the code works I proceed with adaptation etc. I just wanted some clarification on it. I can't see the harm in trying but I'm a bit of bull in a china shop here lol. Learning quickly but all of this is new to me.

My hope is it solves all the problems by installing this one. If it solves the "shift into P" and battery drain issue but the remotes don't work I can accept that because then, one would think, I need to track down an antenna problem. Clearly based upon the carfax report and a previously dealer replaced '09 kessy, this car has had battery problems nearly since day one. I seek to rectify that. After this is all fixed I need to decide about the radio, as it draws a ton of power when it shouldn't. The obvious solution there is a modern head unit that will work with the factory amp and I have real pros who can install it that are very familiar with German cars. I believe it to be the head unit because I hear a fan or motor running in it after the car is shut down, pull it's fuse and that sound goes away.

Bottom line I still like this SUV as much as the first time I saw one at the 2004 Auto Show in Detroit with my brother. I just want to fix the gremlins, tidy it up, and enjoy my Cayenne in sheep's clothing!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that didn't work. Weird. Tried the pin code in security access the other day. Got message I displayed previously. Tonight I started along on the directions for Kessy swap.got the Immo ID from two places. Put in this Kessy, 05, measuring blocks 024, I have a time in block one so I set a timer and waited one extra minute. Go to security access, code is being refused. Really?

I figure tomorrow I'll just rob Fort Knox... That MUST be an easier challenge than swapping a kessy in a VW....

Sending you my email via PM jack. Then onto your contact form.

Post Thanks / Like
    Always use a battery charger & beware of wait times and time clocks verified before attempting a "login"!

I replied........

GONE IN 60 SECONDS RULE APPLIES!

Wait for channels to open or you'll be sorry!

12. Likes Akron04 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Battery charger? You mean like the one HARDWIRED under my hood? Yes I use that.

Oh to have an Eleanor! Lately all this computer craziness has had me seriously missing adjusting valves, swapping jets, setting points, etc... If I could ever dream of owning one, even a clone, it would have to be an orginal 427 side oiler, with the big input shaft toploader 4spd. I rowed one of those many moons ago in my 20's in a Fox Body, behind a stroker 351w with a B&M shifter and Lakewood bellhousing made to adapt those early trans to the later cars. Bullet proof. I still have the trans. Can't seem to part with it. I also have a twisted input shaft around here somewhere. Hook and book! Wheels up! For me the V8 Touareg is the grown up version of my old hot rod beaters, with engines worth more than the entire car....

Replied back...
    Last edited by Akron04; 04-02-2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: forgot something