Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Lost remote fob function (7L6 Touareg)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I'm thinking of 67-70-72 Chevelle again.........maybe even T tops 85 MC in black with rally or iroc wheels
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a T-top 81 Mustang 4cyl car. Converted it to a 410" Windsor with the toploader. Grew up riding in the back seat of a 70 Chevelle though! 350 4bbl. MOM drove it lol. Dad had a Vega...

Lessons learned on this thread: DO NOT purchase a used kessy without getting the pin. I dont consider myself a genius but average computer users dont use Linux almost exclusively. I had to reinstall win 10 my on my laptop to get this far. VCDS works great on it. It ALSO works well in a VM using free Virtualbox software. VCDS was the least of my problems. No pin? Get ready for serious issues. First you have to find a cable, I bought three different ones. After the fact I learned the software is pirated. Those are going back and being reported to Amazon. There IS a good command line program that could get the pin IF you can figure out what exact cable it needs. Its free, a guy on another forum wrote it. But that, in theory, will net you the .bin file for the eeprom and it can WRITE. NOT for the faint of heart. The GUI software you can download? You have to disable antivirus (should have been my first clue) and then you will realize it is ALSO pirated. And drivers? Good luck with all that. How much is your time worth. I've been at this for two weeks. Nearly every night. Could not crack it. Well only about a week on the pin but still. And if you're going to part an earlier car like this out? Get the pin and PROVIDE it. That is pretty easy to do. It is darn near impossible for your buyer.

Here's my soapbox on pirate software: Do you like all the tweaks you can do with VCDS? A forum and tech support? Quality cable? Yeah all of that would not exist of Ewe and co couldn't make a living at it. And the cost is very reasonable considering all it can do.

I'm a dyed in the wool DIY person. But the older I get the more I realize why I GET PAID to do what I do for a living. Sometimes you really do need a pro and it winds up being cheaper.

Bottom line: cost of used kessy, cost for failed time at the dealer, cost of 3 crap cables, not worth it. Not even close. In the end Jack got my business and its well deserved. He helps a lot of people here also and hes trying to make a living at his own business. Would I do another kessy swap? You bet. But ONLY with a valid pin for the used unit or a brand new unit.

I suppose my most serious frustration is with VW. Bad kessy units for these years are documented all over the internet. Threads everywhere. They SHOULD have done a recall IMO. My car is 15 years old. Its had 5 batteries just from the carfax report and the latest battery I added. Sorry but that just isnt right. Plus my current kessy? It appears to be an '09 warranty replacement. Assuming it was still under warranty then.

Shipping my stuff to Jack. Ill update this thread after I get it back and get it installed. Fingers crossed its the problem with the remotes. Really really hate chasing through wire looms....
    Last edited by Akron04; 04-02-2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

3. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything you say is so true except "Yeah all of that would not exist of Ewe and co couldn't make a living at it"
    It's Uwe, he is not a sheep.
    Regards HMC

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I should NEVER reply late at night from my PHONE! Darn autocorrect! Lol.

Sorry Uwe!

6. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, Bruce, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    VINCheck® Total Loss Record

VIN: WVGZM77LX6D014960 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheck® Salvage Records.
    Date of loss2018-11-29Cause of lossComprehensiveDate of loss2017-10-10Cause of lossOther

Got an EBAY listing # for this Kessy?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes Akron04 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack,

VIN for second kessy sent along with ebay listing. It is shipping directly from the seller to you.

-Christian

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent thank you just let me know tracking in email when you get it.

11. Likes Akron04 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Excellent thank you just let me know tracking in email when you get it.
    Done.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

First let me say thank you to Jack who tried to program a used module only to learn it was faulty and then a second one that he was fairly certain was incompatible, turns out he was RIGHT!

In the meantime I have been reading various TSBs and found out the antenna, or at least the main antenna for remote unlock is under a panel at the top of the trunk glass when opened. I checked for water intrusion and found none.

In trying this second used Kessy pn 7L0 909 135C, as opposed to what I have in the car, pn 7L0 909 137CX I somehow managed to cause the 05 Start/Auth to throw two codes I have seen before:

Code:
    Tuesday,16,April,2019,17:49:18:59747
    VCDS Version: Beta 19.1.2 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 05: Acc/Start Auth.       Labels: None
    Control Module Part Number: 7L0 909 137 C    HW: 7L0 909 137 C
      Component and/or Version: 1W Kessy            6850
               Software Coding: 0147688
                Work Shop Code: WSC 26071 444 85803
               Additional Info: 4E0905852D  ELV                 1834   
               Additional Info: Geraet 85803
                          VCID: 33331EE3172BFEAF651-5160
    2 Faults Found:

00003 - Control Module 
                012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01101100
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 0
                        Reset counter: 176
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2000.00.00
                        Time: 08:50:26

00166 - Access/Start Authorization Switch (E415) 
                010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00101010
                        Fault Priority: 1
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 41
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2000.00.00
                        Time: 10:31:10
    If you have read this far in the thread you will note I has the same or similar codes and got the keys to work, well, they work AGAIN.

Process: when those codes are showing, place on key in ignition and turn to on. Exit car. Place second key in door, lock. Alarm will not arm. Hold unlock button on FOB and turn and hold in the unlock position for 6 seconds. Release one second, and hold again until it chirps. Your key will now work.

Prior to doing this perform the capacitive discharge on the key. Remove battery and hold button for 5 seconds to completely drain the key.

Last time I got this far I cleared all codes, keys stopped working. Same thing that happened the first day I got my VCDS! After clearing codes my key remotes do not work.

Here is my theory: The Kessy must have some sort of "limp home" mode that allows it to function when certain codes pop up. My car was likely in that condition before I scanned and cleared with VCDS. I have, I think, a faulty kessy that is in this condtion. For example I hear the under dash clicking and my door handles don't work. But AT LEAST the FOBs do in this condtion. My thinking here is this is a limp home for failed door sensors, without the fault codes it is not in limp and will not recognize key remotes. It will start and run and the immo works and it can be locked and unlocked via mechanical key.

Thoughts?

I am now in search of a Kessy of the right part number that Jack can program. I am NOT going to clear the codes at this point. I will wait on that until I pull my Kessy to send to Jack, just to test the theory, because I am uncertain what series of events triggers these fault codes.

14. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said in email Christian, maybe we should etch this kessy board and reflow it & afterward seal it.

Please check all tracks using load light and DVOM for corrosion bridge.
    Might save cost of kessy altogether.

16. Likes Akron04 liked this post