Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update Troubles

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it has something to do with battery voltage. It seems that I have a better chance of connecting when it is running or I have jumper cables hooked up. I am having a had time swapping and programing a mfa cluster on the same vehicle now. I have the SKC for both new (mfa) and old (plain) cluster, but something is not right.

I think this is probably where I would need start a new thread under "Car Repair Support:" but I'm not not sure if it is a hex-net issue or not.

When I enter the SKC in the login in the instrument cluster module, I does not "ding" to confirm access and the tripometer reads "fail" and in the vcds window, it says "login lost due to dropped session" I pulled the SKC with vagtacho and added the 0+XXXX but it feels like the the SKC is wrong. But then again it also acts like vcds is constantly reconnecting to the original "old" cluster. When I plug the new cluster in, it seems to connect and login correctly, but wont adapt to the ecu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelerKB View Post
    I think this is probably where I would need start a new thread under "Car Repair Support:" but I'm not not sure if it is a hex-net issue or not.
    A cluster swap would belong in Retrofits, not Car Repair.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerKB View Post
    When I enter the SKC in the login in the instrument cluster module, I does not "ding" to confirm access and the tripometer reads "fail" and in the vcds window, it says "login lost due to dropped session" I pulled the SKC with vagtacho and added the 0+XXXX but it feels like the the SKC is wrong. But then again it also acts like vcds is constantly reconnecting to the original "old" cluster. When I plug the new cluster in, it seems to connect and login correctly, but wont adapt to the ecu.
    Indeed, it sounds like one of those PINs is wrong.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there way to check the SKU on a different module. I have programmed keys to this car before using this sku, but it won't allow me to do anything with it now. I have pulled the SKU again up check and it is still the same and seems to pull it correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This is an Mk.4 car?

See if the PIN is accepted by the ECU.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is mk4.
    "Controller refuse the key! Error 37: required time delay not expired"

this is the error message I get when I enter the pin into the security access on the engine controller.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked at measuring blocks 24 in the cluster and it says 0.0 in all fields

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lock time in cluster is not the same as lock time that the ECU itself may have accumulated.

However, if the PIN doesn't work in the ECU, then there's something wrong.

We've strayed pretty far off topic in this section. Please start a new thread about this in Retrofits (since this seems to be a cluster swap) and please include a current Auto-Scan.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good.