Changing the Service Interval to 6000 miles

TdiBlacky

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277924
I just serviced my Mk V now and want to change the service interval from 10000 miles to 6000 miles, I've tried this at the last service 3 or 4 months ago, and it doesn't seem to save for me.

However, I now wish to change the mileage to 6000 miles for when the Sri should remind me again. I want to change the oil every 6000 miles.

Within the SRI area of VCDS I selected "Change To Fixed Intervals (Miles)" at the top menu options and then I changed the Channel 42 "Minimum Distance To Service" to "60" for *100 miles to give me 6000 miles.

Is this correct?

Am I correct in picking "Change To Fixed Intervals (Miles)" and then changing the channel 42 value within there?

It doesn't seem to want me to change the "Maximum Distance To Service" which is set at "50" or the "Maximum Time To Service" which is set at "372" but I don't think I need to change these values?

I'd be very grateful if someone could explain the procedure I need to follow in order to change this successfully.

Heres a pic of what the values read now:

Service-Interval-Reset.jpg

Changing-Service-reminder-to-6000-miles.jpg

Service-reset-options.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It may be better to tell it that it's been 4000 miles since your last service (thereby leaving 6000 miles left into the next one) than to try to force an interval it doesn't like.

-Uwe-

shokoman

Reaction score
sounds like a good idea. My service interval is 6000 miles, just a week ago, conducted the service, and decided to try a new transmission oil.

Back