Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW Phaeton 2006 Electrical Problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bekescars.sk View Post
    Then after remove fuse nr. 33- navigation current drain is 0,03A finally. So it is possible to defective CAN gateway right?
    Whatever modules are powered by fuse 33 should be investigated first before condemning the CAN gateway.

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Whatever modules are powered by fuse 33 should be investigated first before condemning the CAN gateway.
    I agree with you, but I have no any usefull WD...

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you, but I have no any usefull WD...
    You can download them from erWin

Just purchase a 1 hour subscription and download everything relevant as PDF files and save them on your PC.

5. Likes langyyyy, Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    So why it's not turning sleep mode just to radio and Navi? If will be faulty ign switch, all interior components will stay in wake mode I think.
    and it is impossible to connect via vcds to radio and Navi unit..faulty ign switch? Still don't think so.

And secondly, in autoscan you can see fault about Can databus.

01305 - Databus for Infotainment
    014 - Defective

Says the opposition response & dismissing a possibility without having the RTFB or reviewing a WD.........you are right I shouldn't of shared.

Yawn...........
    http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_272_d1.pdf

The control unit for battery monitoring is-activated by the control unit for entry and start authorization (J 518) with the signals 'Ignition key in the ignition lock' (Key-In) 'Ignition switched on'(Terminal 15) and the start signal (Terminal 50).
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-17-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    So why it's not turning sleep mode just to radio and Navi? If will be faulty ign switch, all interior components will stay in wake mode I think.
    and it is impossible to connect via vcds to radio and Navi unit..faulty ign switch? Still don't think so.

And secondly, in autoscan you can see fault about Can databus.

01305 - Databus for Infotainment
    014 - Defective
    The radio/sat nav uses messages on the Infotainment CAN bus to tell it to turn on/off, it does NOT have an ignition feed only permanent power - so IMHO it's nothing to do with the ignition switch.

The faulty Infotainment CAN bus message can be caused by ANY device on the Infotainment CAN bus being faulty - not just the CAN Gateway. This is why you need a WD to see what devices are connected to the Infotainment CAN bus and then disconnect them ONE AT A TIME until the fault goes away.

Fault find - do not assume

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    As implausible as it sounds it can indeed happen, however is rare...........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

10. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    The radio/sat nav uses messages on the Infotainment CAN bus to tell it to turn on/off, it does NOT have an ignition feed only permanent power - so IMHO it's nothing to do with the ignition switch.

The faulty Infotainment CAN bus message can be caused by ANY device on the Infotainment CAN bus being faulty - not just the CAN Gateway. This is why you need a WD to see what devices are connected to the Infotainment CAN bus and then disconnect them ONE AT A TIME until the fault goes away.

Fault find - do not assume
    Look at this.

What I have to do now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at this.

What I have to do now?
    That WD (which doesn't show the complete Infotainment CAN bus BTW) shows that the |Infotainment CAN bus connects to many units, at least:
    J526
    J401
    J523
    J525
    J412
    J415
    ... and possibly others on other pages of the WD - so you need to check all pages of the WD that the Infotainment CAN bus is shown on.

First I would disconnect the radio/sat nav and see if the other units on the Infotainment CAN bus communicate OK.

If that fails then what you need to do is disconnect one of those units at a time and see when the radio/sat nav starts communicating again.

It's not rocket science - eliminate one possible cause of the fault at a time until you find the root cause.

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found complete diagram from CAN connection.

After disconnecting Additional Heating is ALL OK. (Burned additional heating unit J167).

Thank you guys for help!