Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 2019 A4 Unsupported Vehicle?

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question 2019 A4 Unsupported Vehicle?

    I have the HEX+CAN interface, just updated the software to VCDS release 18.91. Plugged into our new 2019 A4, went to Module 08 Auto HVAC, got the message that itís an unsupported vehicle, with the adaptation box (among others) grayed out! Help!

  2. #2
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yep, B9 (and other MLB-II platform cars) have compatibility problems with the old HEX+CAN interfaces, as do various control modules in other late model cars, so we drew a line in the sand with 2019 models; they require a current interface.

    Help is available here:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/vcds/intup/

    You're eligible for any of the upgrades in category 3 or 4 on that page.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  3. #3
    Verified VCDS User hadez16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Yep, B9 (and other MLB-II platform cars) have compatibility problems with the old HEX+CAN interfaces, as do various control modules in other late model cars, so we drew a line in the sand with 2019 models; they require a current interface.

    Help is available here:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/vcds/intup/

    You're eligible for any of the upgrades in category 3 or 4 on that page.

    -Uwe-
    I think that sentence could be misunderstood.
    To my knowledge every car from the VAG gang that is model year 2019 is caterogical declared as not supported. No?

  4. #4
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or just sell hex-can on ebay and then buy a replacement hex-v2

  5. #5
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    I think that sentence could be misunderstood.
    To my knowledge every car from the VAG gang that is model year 2019 is caterogical declared as not supported. No?
    I'm not sure why you think what I wrote could be mis-understood, but your re-statement is correct; all 2019 models require a current interface.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  6. #6
    Verified VCDS User hadez16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I'm not sure why you think what I wrote could be mis-understood, but your re-statement is correct; all 2019 models require a current interface.

    -Uwe-
    Because you started your sentence with mentioning only MLB2/MLBevo cars

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •