Thread: Communication error logging 12 adv engine measurement blocks in turbo mode? Normal?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Communication error logging 12 adv engine measurement blocks in turbo mode? Normal?

I did my first ever logging, 4 pulls per APRs protocol (https://www.goapr.com/support/datalogging.php). I did it alone and just stopped to set everything up, drove to the other end of the road, then hit log and drove onto the road to do my pull. Several times it had a communications error while driving back to the start. I did manage to get all 4 runs the first time, but 3 times I had to select the block all over again once getting back to the start.

Also, will I get a higher sampling rate per block in turbo mode with fewer blocks? How few?

Thanks,
    JV

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    More context would be good. Specifically an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly what car & ECU you have.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have an auto scan handy but it's a 2006 Audi A3 8p BPY ECU 8P0907115B. Thx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OK, so that's an old-school, pre-UDS ECU.

Data on those comes in groups of four values. You can log at most 12 values, but the more groups they come from, the slower the sample rate will be, because there is no getting around needing to make a separate request for each group (and having to wait for the ECU to respond to that request).

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.