Communication error logging 12 adv engine measurement blocks in turbo mode? Normal?

jverheul

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33739
I did my first ever logging, 4 pulls per APRs protocol (https://www.goapr.com/support/datalogging.php). I did it alone and just stopped to set everything up, drove to the other end of the road, then hit log and drove onto the road to do my pull. Several times it had a communications error while driving back to the start. I did manage to get all 4 runs the first time, but 3 times I had to select the block all over again once getting back to the start.

Also, will I get a higher sampling rate per block in turbo mode with fewer blocks? How few?

Thanks,
JV

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
More context would be good. Specifically an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly what car & ECU you have.

-Uwe-

jverheul

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33739
I do not have an auto scan handy but it's a 2006 Audi A3 8p BPY ECU 8P0907115B. Thx!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, so that's an old-school, pre-UDS ECU.

Data on those comes in groups of four values. You can log at most 12 values, but the more groups they come from, the slower the sample rate will be, because there is no getting around needing to make a separate request for each group (and having to wait for the ECU to respond to that request).

-Uwe-

Back