Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 4.2L FSI w/ rough idle P0102 P010C Low MAF

Post Thanks / Like

2007 4.2L FSI w/ rough idle P0102 P010C Low MAF

My girlfriend and I just purchased a 2007 Audi Q7 4.2L Quattro. She has wanted an Audi since forever...and we made it happen..albeit it does have some issuea..but me being very mechanically inclined, and somewhat familiar with electronics...I/we thought it was a worthwise purchase. I've been in wanting to have a reason to buy a cable and software for these for a while, and enjoy learning how to work on different things. I am extremely familiar with General Motors products mechanically and electrically, I don't think I've ever had a problem I was not ultimately able to fix on those. Anyways with that being said, from what I've learned so far it's going to be a fun learning experience figuring out the electronics on these.
    Anyways, the main thing that I would like to address first, is that it has a extremely rough idle, and when you get really into the accelerator pedal, the engine falls flat on its face. I have a generic scanner that I use often, I was able to generate a scan report. Attached is a link to the scan report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h7T...w?usp=drivesdk

So far I have found out that both mass air flow sensors are either sending a low signal or no signal. I'm thinking the first thing I need to do is get the cable/software so that I can properly log the output on the various Electronics. The scanner that I have is showing 0 volts on the mass airflow sensor and other things that should not be zero. Also on my generic scanner the RPM shows 0 which is odd. The tachometer on the vehicle does not display zero, it works.

Originally I had some misfire codes for cylinder number 1 and cylinder number 8. I have replaced the ignition coil packs on those cylinder and the codes have not returned since.

When on the freeway and using light to medium throttle pedal action, the vehicle run smoothly and strongly. You wouldn't notice anything on the freeway unless you needed to pass someone quickly.

I have checked the connectors and the wiring but have not ruled out shorted circuit or wiring and have not ruled out broken wires.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to continue reading other threads using the search function. Sorry if there are grammatical errors or improper sentence structures. I'm using speech to text on my phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a list of the current DTC codes set ...for those that prefer not to click links etc:

11 Confirmed Trouble Codes:
    P0458: EVAP System Purge Control Valve "A" Circuit Low
    P2257: AIR System Control "A" Circuit Low
    P2295: Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Control Circuit Low
    P129C: Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve -N276, Bank 2 Short circuit to Ground (GND).
    P0102: Mass or Volume Air Flow Sensor "A" Circuit Low
    P010C: Mass or Volume Air Flow Sensor "B" Circuit Low
    P0031: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1
    P0051: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 1
    P2401: EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low
    P0057: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 2
    P0036: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2

11 Pending Trouble Codes:
    P0458: EVAP System Purge Control Valve "A" Circuit Low
    P2257: AIR System Control "A" Circuit Low
    P2295: Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Control Circuit Low
    P129C: Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve -N276, Bank 2 Short circuit to Ground (GND).
    P0102: Mass or Volume Air Flow Sensor "A" Circuit Low
    P010C: Mass or Volume Air Flow Sensor "B" Circuit Low
    P0031: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1
    P0051: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 1
    P2401: EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low
    P0057: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 2
    P0037: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2

2 Air Conditioning Trouble Codes:
    P0638: Engine/Transmission Electrical Connection 2. Also check for loose ECM powerrelay. (1592)
    P09CC: Check report for description. (2508)

1 Battery Energy Control Module Trouble Codes:
    P0513: Immobilizer Incorrect Key (1299)

2 Brakes Trouble Codes:
    P0522: Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Break in wiring / short circuit to positive (1314)
    P01C9: Fuel Rail/System Pressure Bank 2 Too High (457)

2 Central Module Comfort System Trouble Codes:
    P05DF: Brake Pedal Position Sensor "B" Circuit Intermittent/Erratic (1503)
    P046E: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "B" Circuit Range/Performance (1134)

11 Engine Control Module Trouble Codes:
    P0458: Evap System Purge Control Valve (N80): Short to Ground (1112)
    P1435: Secondary Air Pump Relay (J299): Short to Ground (5173)
    P2295: Fuel Pressure Regulator "B" Control Circuit Low (8853)
    P129C: Fuel pressure regulator valve bank 2 Short circuit to ground (4764)
    P0102: Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF/G70): Signal too Low (258)
    P010C: Mass or Volume Air Flow Sensor "B" Circuit Low (268)
    P0031: O2 Sensor Heater Contr. Circ.(Bank1(1)Sensor 1) Low (49)
    P0051: O2 Sensor Heater Contr. Circ.(Bank2 Sensor 1) Low (81)
    P2401: Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low (9217)
    P0057: O2 Sensor Heater Contr. Circ.(Bank2 Sensor 2) Low (87)
    P0037: O2 Sensor Heater Contr. Circ.(Bank1(1)Sensor 2) Low (55)

1 Lane Change Assistant Trouble Codes:
    P3FED: Check report for description. (16365)

1 Tire Pressure Monitoring Trouble Codes:
    P08A6: Gear Lever Position Sensor System - Multiple Sensor Correlation (2214)

1 Transmission Control Module Trouble Codes:
    P0522: Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Break in wiring / short circuit to positive (1314)

The random misfire code and the misfire code for cylinder number 1 & 8 have since returned also. I'm about to go into work for a little while so I'm just copying and pasting all this from another forum. Haven't been able to get any help over there but it's only been one day so

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a thread where similar codes were thrown for short to ground, and one of them was p2295 for the high pressure fuel pump on bank 2 (n275) as well.. it took him a year to figure it out but ultimately it was the bank 2 high pressure fuel pump n275 had failed mechanically and electrically , and was shorting out everything (02 sensors...hpfp, maf sensors x2, evap leak detection, evap system purge, secondary air pump, etc..)

So that gave me the idea of unplugging all the sensors that were throwing codes individually one by one, and then resetting the codes with the scanner, and then starting the car again, and then rescanning the car for codes to see if anything had changed, to see if everything was still shorting out.

So far I have unplugged both of the mass airflow sensors individually, both of the high pressure fuel pumps individually, the coolant sensor on the coolant overflow tank, and what i believe to be the evap purge valve. I have not unplugged the coolant sensor on the upper radiator hose on the drivers side of the engine bay/radiator. Also unplug some sort of sensor on what appears to be either the EGR or evap canister. I'm going to try to attach a picture of the two things i disconnect which i am not 100% sure which item they are

Post Thanks / Like
    Https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t5u...w?usp=drivesdk

That is one of the two sensors i unplugged which I believe are related to EVAP or AIR

Post Thanks / Like
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17HN...w?usp=drivesdk

That is the other one i tried unplugging

Post Thanks / Like
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MgD...w?usp=drivesdk

This is the coolant sensor i tried

Post Thanks / Like
    Also..I hear a ticking sound at the top of the intake manifold, at the front of the engine, at the intake runner control valve in the top middle. Engine OFF key OFF. (?) Wierd. Like its buzzing from being shorted. But no DTC for it. Weird.

There wasnt a DTC set for the intake manifold runner control valve..but I figured I would check it too. Since i heard that. No luck there either...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IeC...w?usp=drivesdk

Post Thanks / Like
    My next check is to unplug the 02 sensors ..all of them..to see if the MAFs are still shorted or low signal... If it changes and isnt shorted..then I can try and pinpoint if al or some or just one 02 sensor is bad/shorted out.

Would a VCDS HEX-V2 Enthusiast USB Interface be sufficient to diagnose and repair something like this?

I wish I coukd just buy it right now but not yet...but soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I'm going to be focusing on the codes involving shorts to ground.

Does anyone know the coolant temperature sensor location? The one called G62?

Maybe I can tackle that 1 first and see if theres an obvious short somewhere.

Makes it kind of difficult cuz I only have about one hour per day to mess with it but I'm going to keep at it! :-)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello OP and welcome to the VCDS forum.

Please get verified and post a complete auto-scan with a complete JPPSG

It will help us help you....... you have a ton of faults and posts.

I would recommend you get a RTFB to search components or perform tests.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes stone4779 liked this post