Thread: Audi 2006 2.0 tdi, p0665 code

Post Thanks / Like

Audi 2006 2.0 tdi, p0665 code

Hi,
    Just got my neighbours car in for a check, car was in limp home mode, and code p0665 boost pressure issu. As I fixed it, no scan is attached, just info for others, in case they experiance same issue.

Checked and cleared warning, car taken for test run, using VCDS for monitoring. Actual Turbo pressure varied from demanded.
    Stuck VTG vane control rod, also did checked diaphragm (sucked and obtained vacum) it was ok.
    Removed turbo from car, fault gound to be stop bolt loose, which most likely has screwed itself all the way down. Preventing adjustment of turbo vanes. Set screw to approx 5mm penetrating thru threads (compared to identical car with same turbo). Also did a split of turbine housing, and removed soot/dirt. Put everything back together and checked with VCDS. Car runs fine and correct now.

My neighbour complained over this last year as well, shortly after new turbo was installed. Turbo was new, from thrusted vendor, garage whom installed turbo had not noticed that locking nut on VTG vane rod was loose, or screw already all the way down. By the looks of things, it could look like it was supposed to be like that (screw all the way in/down), but this rod shall be able to move a bit, so I write this in case of others having same issues. As all valves and vacumes was correct, and turbo change (recomended by VAG garage) was not necessary.

Regards
    Gremling
    Last edited by Gremling; 02-26-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a workable vacuum gauge (brake bleed pump) and checked with its vacuum gauge, rod for VTG enters stop nut at (or close to) -55o millibar or roughly -16inHg. Should be close enough for correct function.

Regards
    Gremling