Basic Settings - ON/OFF/Next option

pbsbogdan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326022
I want to use this particular option named Basic Settings, to do some calibration for an old cleaned up diesel EGR valve. The car in question is an European VW Passat CC from year 2009.
I started the 01-Engine module and accessed the Basic Settings for it. There I was able to select EGR valve calibration option. Once I did that, I was preseted by VCDS some instructions like : Ignition ON, Engine, ...
Then it was told to press firmly the brake and acceleration pedals.

In that screen, there is a button labeled ON/Off/Next.
My question is, do I need to press that before starting the calibration and procedures like pedals press?

I tried both ways, no button pressed and do all things.
Then I tried and pressed it, no feedback then my rps jumped to 1000 and the acceleration pedal press had no influence on the rpm.
After that I pressed again the button, everything went down and I was not able to do anything in that screen. Simply I exited.

So, what are the details of that On/Off/Next button? Are there some multiple phases of calibration? Do I enter in calibration session with ON and end it with Off? What is Next for? If so, how much do I need to wait for it to finish?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There is no single answer to this. It all depends on the control module and what a particular basic setting is doing. In some modules, certain basic settings will start the moment you get there, and in others, it is necessary to click the On/Off/Next button first. In some it may be necessary to click it repeatedly in order to advance through stages of the same basic setting.

-Uwe-

pbsbogdan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326022
OK, got it.
But let's imagine I go in that screen to do some Basic Settings.
How do I figure out if the "operation" has started? By looking at what?
Can I trust that label in red, telling Basic Settings OFF?

There is a second scenario, where I really need to click the button. Le't say I click it to ON, then how much time do I need to wait and click it OFF? Do I realy need to click it OFF?

Third scenario is implying the Next click, again how do I know if I need to click it?

Is it a simple trial and error action?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back