Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Markets / Economy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Nope.... I'm just a dumb poor bastard from Chicken and Gravy Montgomery New York & has the rank of Majestic Asshole!

I'm rich in VAG repair and virtual RT forum adventure!
    I'll point out that there was a time when you could produce noticeable bumps in stock charts.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mere pennies I can't confirm nor deny.
    Like the GTO Vince can't drive in the FF, it scares the shit out of me!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: I've never heard of Montgomery New York, so I Googled-it. Looks to be a fine place to be raised as a child.

From your comment I expected a working class town, but not sure about "Chicken and gravy" - stats say that the average annual salary in Montgomery as @ 1 July 2019 was $92,809. This compares with the average US annual salary for the 1st quarter 2019 (stats from your BLS) for men = $52,208 and women = $41,912. Not quite up there with the Walton, or Koch families, but a reasonably hefty number nevertheless.

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

5. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/08/25/...escalates.html

Dow futures drop nearly 300 points as US-China trade war escalates
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/26/i...ing/index.html
    Insiders are selling stock like it's 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/26/i...ing/index.html
    Insiders are selling stock like it's 2007
    CNN really wants a recession.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think the market is going to indeed crash & to weed out the fear and then surge to 40K DOW when companies buy back their stock and other companies stocks.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    CNN really wants a recession.
    You've said this a few times recently, about the media in general. Why?

Could you articulate a few of the benefits you think CNN or other media would receive from a recession?

If there were a recession today, do you feel the media would be a primary contributing cause? Are there any OTHER potential primary causes?

Do you feel the media should promote false confidence by actively filtering and otherwise failing to report on current events and other factual information?
    Silence gives consent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    You've said this a few times recently, about the media in general. Why?
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Most of the media despises him, and a recession between now and November of 2020 would greatly improve the chances of whomever the Democrats end up running against him.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    Do you feel the media should promote false confidence by actively filtering and otherwise failing to report on current events and other factual information?
    They selectively promote "facts" that advance their agenda and ignore others that don't.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    So much to unpack, but really this sums it up:

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    In your own words... what is Trump Derangement Syndrome?
    Silence gives consent.