Markets / Economy

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Nope.... I'm just a dumb poor bastard from Chicken and Gravy Montgomery New York & has the rank of Majestic Asshole!

I'm rich in VAG repair and virtual RT forum adventure!
I'll point out that there was a time when you could produce noticeable bumps in stock charts.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Mere pennies I can't confirm nor deny.
Like the GTO Vince can't drive in the FF, it scares the shit out of me!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Jack: I've never heard of Montgomery New York, so I Googled-it. Looks to be a fine place to be raised as a child.

From your comment I expected a working class town, but not sure about "Chicken and gravy" - stats say that the average annual salary in Montgomery as @ 1 July 2019 was $92,809. This compares with the average US annual salary for the 1st quarter 2019 (stats from your BLS) for men = $52,208 and women = $41,912. Not quite up there with the Walton, or Koch families, but a reasonably hefty number nevertheless.

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Personally I think the market is going to indeed crash & to weed out the fear and then surge to 40K DOW when companies buy back their stock and other companies stocks.......

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
CNN really wants a recession.
You've said this a few times recently, about the media in general. Why?

Could you articulate a few of the benefits you think CNN or other media would receive from a recession?

If there were a recession today, do you feel the media would be a primary contributing cause? Are there any OTHER potential primary causes?

Do you feel the media should promote false confidence by actively filtering and otherwise failing to report on current events and other factual information?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You've said this a few times recently, about the media in general. Why?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. Most of the media despises him, and a recession between now and November of 2020 would greatly improve the chances of whomever the Democrats end up running against him.

Do you feel the media should promote false confidence by actively filtering and otherwise failing to report on current events and other factual information?
They selectively promote "facts" that advance their agenda and ignore others that don't.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
An irrational hatred of the current POTUS.
What might a rational citizen, such as yourself, conclude about his character and performance given the totality of the facts? You need not vote to have an opinion.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^ I had to look it up - there appears to be an entire Wikipedia page on the term

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS - perhaps this should be included in the defined forum acronyms) is a derogatory term for criticism of, or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken. The term has been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of "reframing" the discussion by suggesting his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world.

I like the term - but only when if used by "Trump supporters" (are there any of these here? ;))

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I happen to believe that no matter who the President is & of any party. That at any point in time, the office is to be respected & given a shot to try too succeed.
I did so for Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. or Obama....
When obvious dumb stupid shit is said & no matter the political party, they should be prepared to be called out on their bullshit too!

Like it or not he is the current President & I respect him even though I don't agree with all his policies.
I certainly don't agree with the way EPA is being crippled but wasn't too happy when Obama administration ignored me when I said stuff only to be dismissed.

I think it takes a significant amount of strength to endure the criticism & no matter who is in the office.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^ Jack: I completely understand and I agree with the respect issue. But in applying your philosophy and again with the caveat that I'm a foreigner, there is a distinction to be made between to office of POTUS (which does deserve reverence and respect) and the individual that happens to be temporarily in the chair (by virtue of your constitution).

It's perhaps the single defining feature of a healthy democracy that citizens can and do freely express their opinions about their county's leader. Not all so-called democracies allow such freedoms. I would be more concerned living in a country (be it Australia, or USA) where open critique didn't happen! I happen not to be a fan of the Donald- but by definition, democratic elections (conducted properly) NEVER elect the wrong person!

So yes, Office of POTUS - respect. But for any person sitting in the chair, ALL his/her actions are fair game to scrutinize, criticize, denigrate, or to applaud!!

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited:
Back