Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Markets / Economy

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised, I'm not?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/13/i...ses/index.html

JCPenney gives executives bonuses ahead of deadline for possible bankruptcy filing
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes Mike R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    This article seems to conflate "trading" and "investing". They are two different things.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Post Thanks / Like
    I could not agree more....it's all gambling though!

Post Thanks / Like
    A problem...?
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rpt-c...230100969.html
    RPT-China urges local companies to list in London in renewed global push - sources

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/19/...c-decline.html

New car registrations in Europe fall 76% in April as coronavirus lockdowns hit sales

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/19/...c-decline.html
    New car registrations in Europe fall 76% in April as coronavirus lockdowns hit sales
    Of course new-car production was at a halt too, which raises the question: What happened to inventories during this time?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Of course new-car production was at a halt too, which raises the question: What happened to inventories during this time?

-Uwe-
    I have seen news reports for the US where vehicles are standing in large parking lots... not being loaded on carriers for delivery - just sitting. Boats hitting the ports cannot off load - the lots where they normally off load are full. The inventory is made and is standing. That's why the OE's are pressing for another "Cash for Clunkers" and the aftermarket is screaming loudly, "NO!" Clunkers legislation hurt the aftermarket... but helped the OE.. who do you think will win the politician's ear? Independent repair associations? Or the OEs with their deep pockets and lobbyists?

I imagine the same is going on in Europe.

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen news reports for the US where vehicles are standing in large parking lots... not being loaded on carriers for delivery - just sitting. Boats hitting the ports cannot off load - the lots where they normally off load are full. The inventory is made and is standing. That's why the OE's are pressing for another "Cash for Clunkers" and the aftermarket is screaming loudly, "NO!" Clunkers legislation hurt the aftermarket... but helped the OE.. who do you think will win the politician's ear? Independent repair associations? Or the OEs with their deep pockets and lobbyists?

Hate to tell you, lots are still filled with inventories from all recreational, commercial & standard vehicles for 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020......auction lots are jam packed, as are used car dealers with cars they can not sell!

65% or better of used car stores or dealers have filed or are in/approaching BK.

Cash for clunkers part 2, it will be a nightmare this time!

The repo market has been very busy for last 3 years now it's going to be interesting for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    UK TV has shown similar pictures of parking lots, disused airfields and dockside holding areas full of unsold new cars - not surprising since new car sales have fallen 97%.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoExpress
    Just 4,321 new cars changed hands last month, compared to 161,064 in April 2019.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/1...virus-outbreak

14. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post