VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Of course new-car production was at a halt too, which raises the question: What happened to inventories during this time?

-Uwe-

I have seen news reports for the US where vehicles are standing in large parking lots... not being loaded on carriers for delivery - just sitting. Boats hitting the ports cannot off load - the lots where they normally off load are full. The inventory is made and is standing. That's why the OE's are pressing for another "Cash for Clunkers" and the aftermarket is screaming loudly, "NO!" Clunkers legislation hurt the aftermarket... but helped the OE.. who do you think will win the politician's ear? Independent repair associations? Or the OEs with their deep pockets and lobbyists?

I imagine the same is going on in Europe.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I have seen news reports for the US where vehicles are standing in large parking lots... not being loaded on carriers for delivery - just sitting. Boats hitting the ports cannot off load - the lots where they normally off load are full. The inventory is made and is standing. That's why the OE's are pressing for another "Cash for Clunkers" and the aftermarket is screaming loudly, "NO!" Clunkers legislation hurt the aftermarket... but helped the OE.. who do you think will win the politician's ear? Independent repair associations? Or the OEs with their deep pockets and lobbyists?

I imagine the same is going on in Europe.

Hate to tell you, lots are still filled with inventories from all recreational, commercial & standard vehicles for 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020......auction lots are jam packed, as are used car dealers with cars they can not sell!

65% or better of used car stores or dealers have filed or are in/approaching BK.

Cash for clunkers part 2, it will be a nightmare this time!

The repo market has been very busy for last 3 years now it's going to be interesting for sure.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001