Status
Not open for further replies.

landis

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=17189
I was previously using HEX-CAN f/w 1.92 and VCDS 11.xx (don't remember previous version number). Used this to pull the codes and clear the codes in a 2011 mini. Completed the repair, a HPFP, and went to clear the codes. Foolishly I upgraded to the latest versions of both VCDS and HEX-CAN f/w before clearing the codes. Now the interface won't connect to the car. Any suggestions how to get these current versions working or how to revert the versions to the last working versions?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I rather doubt that the updates caused this. But let's see what we can see. Go to [Options], set Debug Level to 1024, click [Apply]. Now try to connect to the car. After your attempt, there should be a file named DEBUG-OBD.DLM in your Debug sub-folder. Send it to Support@... along with a link to this thread.

-Uwe-

landis

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=17189
It turns out you need to start the car to be able to read the DTCs. Still can't clear them, but I am one step closer. it says address 738 DTC may not have been erased. Any suggestion of am I just SOL?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It turns out you need to start the car to be able to read the DTCs.
Well, that's different.

Still can't clear them, but I am one step closer. it says address 738 DTC may not have been erased. Any suggestion of am I just SOL?
You're more than welcome to send us a debug file so we can see what we can see, but we make no promises on a non-VAG car.

Go to [Options], set Debug Level to 1024, click [Apply]. Now try to read and clear DTCs. After your attempt, there should be a file named DEBUG-OBD.DLM in your Debug sub-folder. Send it to Support@... along with a link to this thread.

-Uwe-

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
It turns out you need to start the car to be able to read the DTCs.

What's the battery voltage with ignition ON but the engine not running?

Reactions: Uwe

landis

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=17189
The method to get this car to work is
1) insert the key into the slot
2)push the start button without your feet either on the brake (auto) or clutch (manual)
3) read the code/reset the codes.

The key to this is inserting the key doesn't power enough of the car up to access the ECU. Pressing the start button with out enabling the car to start with the brake or clutch turns the car all the way on. Also DTCs can't be cleared if the engine is running.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Excellent. FWIW your debug shows the ECU refused the request to clear DTCs with "Conditions not correct or sequence error", which makes total sense in light of the above. Thanks for the feedback!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So the conclusion is: VCDS works fine, right? :)

-Uwe-

tofast2belast

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=207897
i too had similar issue after updating. the "OBD" function button used to work on my car(2010 Audi a5) now it doesnt. it states its not iso-xx/kw compatible and must use individual modules to read data.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hmm, on a 2010 Audi, it should definitely work. With it all plugged in, please go to [Options], set Debug Level to 1024, and click [Apply]. Then click [OBD-II] and let it try. Afterward, please send the DEBUG-OBD.DLM file from your Debug sub-folder to Support@....

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back