Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EGR/Throttle adaptation Skoda 2010

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of curiosity, can I somehow restore my previous SW ?
    You see this SW update I think changed the car, fan started frequently on bit of research it seems because of the VW scandal the DPF and EGR are pushed to work harder , turning the car into a ticking bomb for expensive car repairs...

I found the following article...

https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/dieselg...udi-skoda-seat

The last garage did a SW update, I think if there is a way to restore the previous version, I would have chance to drive it for longer, literally...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can I somehow restore my previous SW ?
    I would say that if you did not do the software update yourself, no, you cannot restore the old software.

Whether the shop who did the software update can put the old version back in is a question of what tools they are using.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Uwe!

Further into the rabbit hole.

It turned out the plastic bit that the garage magically found was missing is not because of the great diagnostic tool they have.
    It is requirement as part of the SW update! Just found this

https://www-carmagazine-co-uk.cdn.am...to-be-fixed%2F

They should have told me instead of making things up.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell them they are FOD for procedure & should of JPPSG......

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am bringing this up for a last time.

The generic EGR was not ok as I initially thought. After driving for some time, the ECU addapted to the new MAF and the car started choking again.
    So clutch was due and I changed it at the same time with an OEM egr. Now the car is ok, and is purring like cat...
    Buying that generic part turned my life into a nightmare. So yeah an expensive lesson to learn. At least I did the work myself, otherwise cost would have been astronomical.
    I only wonder whether the injectors had to be replaced dispite that it did improve engine performance at that time.

Anyway all good after all.

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    The generic EGR was not ok as I initially thought.
    [...]
    Buying that generic part turned my life into a nightmare. So yeah an expensive lesson to learn.
    Quoted for posterity.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post