Not open for further replies.

AMBSC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=233374
I'm having the same problem ere with my Golf VII 2015

The original code of module 5Q0 955 547 A - RLHS was 00A8DD. Now I coded exaclty as told, to 06A8DD. The code was accepted, I did all the right procedures (lights in auto, wipers either) but it's not closing the windows.

I've seem in other foruns that this tweak is not working in 2015MY, is that true? Is there a solution for this?

AMBSC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=233374
Any ideas?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
But yours is a RLHS or RLFS? It's the same module/part number?
Just a RLS per that scan clip.
Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5Q0 955 559 HW: 5Q0 955 559 Labels: 5Q0-955-547.CLB
Component: RLS 024 0042
Serial number: Y14M02D19H17M22S34S9
Coding: 00A8DD

AMBSC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=233374
Just a RLS per that scan clip.

Maybe the problem is in the RLHS/part number. Anyone with a 2015 RLHS type was actually successful with this tweak?

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
Accoding to my knowledge and practical experience, rain closing does not work on Golf 7 with RLHS modules (so from model year 2015 forward). It accepts all the coding, but does not work. This is also stated in one of the andyvee-s links.

andyvee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159389
Thanks mtl and Dana - if you have the RLHS it doesn't work. You can of course replace it with the earlier RLFS and then it will work :)

pbrowne

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237952
I have tried the setup several times. I have a 2015 Golf Mk7 and it has an RLS rain sensor. I shut off the ignition, open windows, put the wiper stalk up one position (intermittent/sensor) get out and lock the doors with the fob. Rain closing works every time, but only within about 5 minutes of shutting the car down. Wait 15 minutes or more and rain closing doesn't work! I can repeat this every time I test.

The control module must be going to sleep and there's probably something else needing to be set.

Last edited:

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
What is the Adaptation value in [09] for "..Regenschliessen_art.." ?
If you use the latest beta, just search for: regen
Also search for: RLS

pbrowne

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237952
That value has been set to 'Permanent."

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Last edited:

pbrowne

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237952
Rain close finally working on 2015 SE with RLS sensor

So I finally have successfully enabled rain closing in my 2015 Golf SE w/lighting. Mine has the RLS sensor.
Here are the steps that I took:
1. Hook up the VCDS cable and open the VCDS application on your laptop. Then turn on the ignition, but do not start the engine.
2. Go into [09] Central Electronics
3. Go into Security Access and enter 31347
4. Go to Adaptation and change the following:
• (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
• (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanen
• (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the Infotainment screen)

5. Go back and into Coding in [09] Central Electronics and selected from the pulldown to select “RLS.” I used the Long Coding Helper to check the following boxes:
• Byte 0 bit 1: Rain/Light sensor active
• Byte 0 bit 2: Rain closing active
• This sets coding from 00A8DD to 06A8DD. Note that you can also enter the value 06A8DD directly.

6. Go to the Infotainment screen in the car to go to Car then Setup then “Factory Settings,” then “Reset Mirror and Wiper Settings.” Go back to “Car” and “Settings: and check “Automatic Closing in Rain” if it is not already checked. Check that the “Rear Wiper in Reverse” box is also checked. Make sure that the “Convenience Close” has been selected, not inactive.

7. After that, just make sure the wiper stalk is up one from the bottom position to the intermittent position. Also, place the stalk forward one position to the intermittent rear wiper position.

8. Open window(s) and/or sunroof. Turn off the ignition and remove the key/fob. Lock the doors with remote fob.

9. After a few minutes spray water on the windshield over the sensor and the windows should close.

Some observations:
• If I unchecked the “Rear Wiper in Reverse’ box, the windows would only close once but not again unless I did another factory reset.
• If the stalk was not in the intermittent position for the windshield and rear wipers, it would not work at all.
• Following the above instructions, the Automatic Rain Close worked after a few minutes, after an hour, and after 8 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

pbrowne

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237952
An error: the wiper stalk does not need to be in the rear intermittent position, but it's not a problem if it is.

One more observation on correct sequence: close doors, ignition on, lower window(s), ignition off, remove key, lock door with fob. If you unlock the car, you must go through this sequence again.

andyvee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159389
I'm struggling to see what you have done differently than what was previously advised, other than making sure that the rear wiper was on intermittent setting?

Have I missed something?

pbrowne

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237952
When you rest the mirrors and wipers to factory setting, you MUST leave the wipe rear on reverse checked is one addition. Don't bother resetting all settings to factory. This seemed to be the most obvious item to get ARC to work. Since USA cars don't have dipping mirrors, I don't know about any effect on or by those setting.

Another is that he sequence for exiting the car must be followed. Unlock a door and rain close gets disabled. Note that the stalk for the intermittent rear wiper can be off OR on.

The only rear wiper setting that must be set is wipe on reverse in the Infotainment settings for Car, but this and the exiting sequence was what I discovered.

andyvee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159389
The exiting sequence has always been the same for rain closing, ignition off, remove key, open door, close door, lock car. Nothing new there.

What is new is that you have to have the automatic rear wiper on reversing enabled though - this is enabled as standard on Octavia 3's in the UK so that wouldn't have come up before.

You don't have to reset the wiper & mirror settings, use the new feature in VCDS beta that lets you do a soft reset of the controller after each adaptation change :)

bloggo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=198143
I have tried this tweak in every way suggested and still it doesn't work.

For me even if it did work this is too much hassle having to set switches and faff about, so I will abandon this tweak until a better way can be found.

I want the windows to close when it rains if a passenger has inadvertently left a window open without all this palaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back