Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf 7 coding problem

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    A few weeks ago a few VW dealers had Mk7 VINs online but those vehicles aren't (or weren't at that time) actually at the dealers. In the meanwhile VW has this teaser available:

http://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/...theads/gti.png
    European models shown

So.. we are working on it but I do not have an update. It will be much easier for the guys when these vehicles are available for live testing in the US market
    Dana: many thanks for the update. I'll await news of any further developments.

btw, I'm more than happy to loan Ross-Tech my car for testing purposes. Of course the trip to the antipodes might be a liitle longer than you are normally used to, but I can assure you that we are all quite domesticated down here and we all speak English (well.......it's a version of English, at least)
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

2. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Don Thanks for the offer!

I think this problem is sorted after a few hours with a Mk7 at the local VW dealer:
    http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...5#entry3807931

Please give our latest Beta a shot and let us know how it goes!

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this problem is sorted after a few hours with a Mk7 at the local VW dealer:

It is indeed solved - I coded my RLFS on the 5E Octavia 3 back to the original 02805D and back to 06885D with the latest beta

The only issue I have is the databus seems to go to sleep after an hour approx and rain closing then stops working. Has anyone found any coding or adaptations to alter this behaviour?

6. Likes Eric liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Dana: You are a dead-set genius! Thanks for actioning this.

PS: Take $50 out of Ross-Tech's petty cash tin (I assume that Ross-Tech has a petty cash tin). Tell the accountant that I said that it was OK (the "Benevolent Dictator" won't mind-I hope)!

PPS:My offer is still open- my MKVII awaits!!

8. Likes Uwe, jakematic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dana,
    Desparately need your help (again)! Tried to download the lastest beta as per your suggestion (i.e. ver 14.6.0- Data Version 20140601). Tried several times with IE and with Firefox - running 32 bit windows 7. Got the same message on all occassions. "Installer integrety check failed".Tried running the downloads as administrator, but same error. Never had this problem with Ross-Tech's other Beta files. Are you absolutely sure that the latest Beta file is executable on this MS operating platform?

Of course the problem could be that in the Southern Hemisphere, electrons spin in the opposite direction (bit like water going down our drain-pipes)! If I come up to USA and try to load it there, will it load properly (-it's a long way to come to get the RLFS to work on my mk7)?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Dana,
    Desparately need your help (again)! Tried to download the lastest beta as per your suggestion (i.e. ver 14.6.0- Data Version 20140601). Tried several times with IE and with Firefox - running 32 bit windows 7. Got the same message on all occassions. "Installer integrety check failed".Tried running the downloads as administrator, but same error. Never had this problem with Ross-Tech's other Beta files. Are you absolutely sure that the latest Beta file is executable on this MS operating platform?

Of course the problem could be that in the Southern Hemisphere, electrons spin in the opposite direction (bit like water going down our drain-pipes)! If I come up to USA and try to load it there, will it load properly (-it's a long way to come to get the RLFS to work on my mk7)?
    I downloaded it the other day and didn't have any problems. I have (the now out dated....) Windows XP, used Firefox, and am in the U.S.. Will try to use it tomorrow to make sure it all works...if it's nice out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Are you absolutely sure that the latest Beta file is executable on this MS operating platform?
    Yes, 'cause I built that installer and actually executed it before uploading it.

It's also been there unchanged for more than a week. If it was problematic, others would have said something by now. But as a sanity check, I just downloaded it, despite the fact that I'm on a miserably slow DSL line right now, and it ran and installed just fine on a W7x64 system.

Sounds like you have some kind of network issues down there. When you save the installer file, what are its properties?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Yes, 'cause I built that installer and actually executed it before uploading it.

It's also been there unchanged for more than a week. If it was problematic, others would have said something by now. But as a sanity check, I just downloaded it, despite the fact that I'm on a miserably slow DSL line right now, and it ran and installed just fine on a W7x64 system.

Sounds like you have some kind of network issues down there. When you save the installer file, what are its properties?

-Uwe-
    Uwe: Didn't mean to infer that guy who built the installer was somehow deficient! Your inescapable logic is compelling (the argument about no one else complaining). Kind of confirms that the problem may be at my end. I'll investigate further -strange, because the previous version loads OK.

Anyhow the properties details are as follows:

File description: VCDS installer
    Type Application
    file version 1.0.0.0
    Product name VCDS
    Copyright Copyright (C) Ross-Tech LLC
    Size 16.1 MB (16,922,366 bytes)
    Size on disc 16.1 MB (16,924,672 bytes)

Is the downloaded file size correct?

Quote Originally Posted by flygteye
    downloaded it the other day and didn't have any problems. I have (the now out dated....) Windows XP, used Firefox, and am in the U.S.. Will try to use it tomorrow to make sure it all works...if it's nice out.
    flygteye: Thanks for the response and it's good to see that you have made the transistion to this forum! Hope the weather holds-up for you - it's winter down here now, so it's got to be better up there!
    Last edited by DV52; 06-12-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yup, file sizes match.

How about the digital signature? Is it intact? Click the Digital Signatures tab...

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx, great work, just what we all have been waiting for .
    I will try it next week (at least this is planned) and will give feedback.