Status
Not open for further replies.

andyvee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159389
I have tried this tweak in every way suggested and still it doesn't work.

For me even if it did work this is too much hassle having to set switches and faff about, so I will abandon this tweak until a better way can be found.

I want the windows to close when it rains if a passenger has inadvertently left a window open without all this palaver.

What car and what rain sensor do you have?

It is fairly simple to enable as long as you have a rain sensor that supports rain-closing. There isn't any palaver to it, I enabled it on a Octavia 3 vRS last night, took all of 5 minutes, job done, and it worked first time.

bloggo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=198143
It's a Golf 7 GT 1.4TSI-DSG with RLFS.

As I stated I have tried all suggestions In all configurations and still this will not work.

I just want this to work without having to set switches in various positions as this is a palaver; failing being able to do this then, I will shelve the idea.

Thanks anyway.

Radfox

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=171601
I would like to add that I have a NA 2015 GTI with the RLHS module I can not get the rain sense close to work either. I do have one other strange thing and that is that my RLHS has a 1 in the upper bit. It was there the first time I read the module it was 80A8DD. Has anyone else seen this? I have not tried to overwrite the 8 to a 0. Should I try?

andyvee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159389
It's a Golf 7 GT 1.4TSI-DSG with RLFS.

As I stated I have tried all suggestions In all configurations and still this will not work.

I just want this to work without having to set switches in various positions as this is a palaver; failing being able to do this then, I will shelve the idea.

Thanks anyway.

Set switches in various positions? - do you mean have the wipers on auto? - If you don't do that the rain sensor isn't active.
It will only work after exiting and locking the car after the ignition has been on - again, I don't see how this is a palaver?
You don't have to lower the windows with the remote, if they are open when you lock the car it still works.

This is the same as it has always been for rain closing to work, going back as far as I can remember to the GolfV and possibly earlier.

Which bit are you struggling with to get it to work, as on your car it should work if coded correctly and the conditions are met for rain closing to be active. Just because others seem to have to face south whilst standing on one leg and whistling God Save the Queen in order to get it to work doesn't mean that that is the norm!

I would be quite happy to enable it for you if you are ever 100 miles further up the M6.

andyvee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159389
I would like to add that I have a NA 2015 GTI with the RLHS module I can not get the rain sense close to work either. I do have one other strange thing and that is that my RLHS has a 1 in the upper bit. It was there the first time I read the module it was 80A8DD. Has anyone else seen this? I have not tried to overwrite the 8 to a 0. Should I try?

How many times do we have to say

THE RLHS DOES NOT SUPPORT RAIN CLOSING

bloggo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=198143
Set switches in various positions? - do you mean have the wipers on auto? - If you don't do that the rain sensor isn't active.
It will only work after exiting and locking the car after the ignition has been on - again, I don't see how this is a palaver?
You don't have to lower the windows with the remote, if they are open when you lock the car it still works.

This is the same as it has always been for rain closing to work, going back as far as I can remember to the GolfV and possibly earlier.

Which bit are you struggling with to get it to work, as on your car it should work if coded correctly and the conditions are met for rain closing to be active. Just because others seem to have to face south whilst standing on one leg and whistling God Save the Queen in order to get it to work doesn't mean that that is the norm!

I would be quite happy to enable it for you if you are ever 100 miles further up the M6.

Surely my post is self-explanatory!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back