Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Offer distributor PCI Germany ridiculous

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Upgrade Offer distributor PCI Germany ridiculous

Hello Ross Tech and future buyers,

Please reed and dont delete!!!!

2 years ago bought a micro can for 300 euros, ( 5 years waranty ) from PCI Germany.
    Why please see this link down.

https://forum.vcdspro.de/index.php?/...-bereich-1574/

After a lot of back and forth mail with pci I was advised to use a micro can ( fully support Golf 7 )
    if I only need it for my Golf 7.
    of course purchased immediately to adjust the adjustments that I wanted to change in the gateway above ( link )

Unfortunately I could not adjust these adjustments because software does not support it!!!
    So first asumeren that I use a clone that I must buy original, and with original also fails.

First disappointment that i have buy the cabel.

Since two weeks I want to changed some adaption channels on the BCM 09 but my cable does not support 256 bytes, so I can not change it!
    The bcm is from 2014 and I bought the cable in 2016!fully support Golf 7. No way!

Second disappointment.

Considering I can not do much with my micro can I thought I would contact PCI about upgrades options, given they have a program, buy hex V2.

The offer I get here is absurd and ridiculous, I am so angry about it!!!

The only offer upgrades for a hex-can-usb and not for micro can!

Now it comes they offer me 50 euros, but then they must first receive the cable, and then I can pay 450 euros to receive Hex v2.

Ore i can keep the kabel and get discount 24.95 euro for a Hex V2 kabel ( 499 euro )

So Ross tech why would I buy an original if in two years I do not seem to be worth anything!

if you read this you are going to call then you should not be here, but complain with pci!

Yes sure but is Your brand name!

See below the mail between me and pci!

[Edit]: E-Mail removed. We do not post the contents of e-mails here without permission of the sender and that goes double when the e-mail specifically states that it is confidential ("vertraulich"). [/Edit]
    Last edited by Uwe; 02-14-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Under EU Law your dispute is with the company that mis-sold you the micro CAN as suitable for a Golf VII (i.e. PCI), maybe you should take legal advice on whether you have grounds for compensation for mis-selling?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello PetrolDave,

Thank you for your advice, this writting in Englisch here takes me 1 hour of my time, the chance that you get along with it is clear.
    Its not the money but the way of dealing with it once you have bought something!!!

even ross tech offers a better upgrade option for a micro cable, problem is sending and receiving outside the EU

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barstanders View Post
    even ross tech offers a better upgrade option for a micro cable, problem is sending and receiving outside the EU
    Even though I live in the UK I've bought both my VCDS cables (first a HEX-USB+CAN then a HEX-NET) directly from Ross-Tech in the US - yes FedEx send you a customs invoice but it's not difficult - and as you say you can take advantage of their upgrade options.

Support from Uwe and his team has been amazing (fast, efficient and always fixed the problem) on the rare occasions I've needed it, so I like to give something back by helping on this forum when I can.

5. Likes Uwe, Dana, jyoung8607, Nik liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Even though I live in the UK I've bought both my VCDS cables (first a HEX-USB+CAN then a HEX-NET) directly from Ross-Tech in the US - yes FedEx send you a customs invoice but it's not difficult - and as you say you can take advantage of their upgrade options.

Support from Uwe and his team has been amazing (fast, efficient and always fixed the problem) on the rare occasions I've needed it, so I like to give something back by helping on this forum when I can.
    With international upgrades you do of course have the return shipping of the old interface to account for too.
    In our experience, by the time shipping in both directions, VAT, duty and clearance fees are taken into account, there is usually very little difference in the price between upgrading direct via RT or doing so via a local distributor.

barstanders - your vcdspro forum link is inaccessible to anyone who does not have an account on that forum.
    What are the errors you are seeing when you try to make the changes with your Micro-CAN?
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here.....

7. Likes Uwe, Dana, Nik liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, when you bought from VS, you pay more than 100 euro tax in the Netherlands.
    Delivery fee to the Netherlands olso takes 50 euro.

So distributors like PCI nows this, thats why the give a damm of you.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mike@Gendan,

Thank you for your repley, maybe its better that i copy and paste this olso.

About the guestion what are the errors, no error i cannot acces this channels what i want, ther for you need 256 bytes cable like old hex can usb ore the new Hex V2 i think.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mike@Gendan,

Copy and paste, ofcourse after this my account on the german site is blocked, only read no write, because bad German!!!!!
    Bad German ore asking somthing what they dont like it!!!

[EDIT]:Content from another forum removed. Feel free to post a working link instead.[/EDIT]

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Gendan View Post
    With international upgrades you do of course have the return shipping of the old interface to account for too.
    In our experience, by the time shipping in both directions, VAT, duty and clearance fees are taken into account, there is usually very little difference in the price between upgrading direct via RT or doing so via a local distributor.

barstanders - your vcdspro forum link is inaccessible to anyone who does not have an account on that forum.
    What are the errors you are seeing when you try to make the changes with your Micro-CAN?
    Last edited by Uwe; 02-14-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Barstanders,

I am from the Netherlands to, and i bought my HEXv2 by the dutch distribitor of Rosstech, named RandstadCarsolutions.
    first cable i've got from them was not working, i send it back and became a new one.
    i am very happy with it.

greetz Jimmy
    Time is money, free time is priceless

12. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    And this is the reaction after buying the kabel from Sebastian Stange Ross Tech Germany.

1 week later blocks write vcdsforum.de.

first let buy by suggesting that I have a clone vcds, and block my account 1 week later!!!

!!!!!!!! Can someone put in my shoes now how I feel now!!!!!!!

[Edit]: E-Mail removed. We do not post the contents of e-mails here without permission of the sender.[/Edit]
    Last edited by Uwe; 02-14-2019 at 11:57 AM.