Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Sebastian has summed things up pretty well, but to pickup on a few specific points.

I see that you are a distributor for vcds in the UK!! now I understand your defense!!!
Please dont talk like a distributor, but put you in my shoes, before you do that read everthing well.
Yes, I work for a UK VCDS distributor, but I have nothing to gain from defending another distributor.
I am trying to make a reasoned argument that if the Micro-CAN worked fully with your car when it was supplied and an incompatibility surfaced with a software version released after your purchase, how were PCI to know that was going to happen (especially if the version installed was never meant to be put on that car)?
VAG do not inform the aftermarket diagnostic industry of their plans to introduce new things, so occasionally a new feature will break coverage in a tool if it is unexpected.
Ross-Tech cannot see into the future so this is unavoidable.

HEX-CAN-USB is older then ??????????? yes verry old!
So when I read a car ( Golf/ Touran/ Passat / Skoda/ Seat ) with this adaptations and hex-can-usb ( old version ) cable I succeed to acces this channels, Yes this you understand!!!
Yes, the HUC existed before the Micro-CAN but it has always been a more advanced interface, hence being more expensive to buy.

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
Mike@Gendan,

Yes, I work for a UK VCDS distributor, but I have nothing to gain from defending another distributor.
I am trying to make a reasoned argument that if the Micro-CAN worked fully with your car when it was supplied and an incompatibility surfaced with a software version released after your purchase, how were PCI to know that was going to happen (especially if the version installed was never meant to be put on that car)?
VAG do not inform the aftermarket diagnostic industry of their plans to introduce new things, so occasionally a new feature will break coverage in a tool if it is unexpected.
Ross-Tech cannot see into the future so this is unavoidable.

Last time, on the Year 2014 the released AE and 2015 the Released AJ.
I buy this cable 2016, so iff you have read the first post, at 2016 a try the adaptation on the Gateway to change, so this adaptation are there at that time, i think even 2014!

Have nothing to do with future, this settings adapatations are from 2014 till now even higher now!

when you see on google cars adpmaps AE AJ ore gateways are from that time!

And yes the hex can usb where expensive en not more more just 100 euro at that time, 399 euro!

Nobody like my post!!

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
Sebastian,

After reading the whole email chain again, I cannot see any point where you were treated disrespectful.

What about this!

Soviel Unsinn in einem Absatz...………………………………………………………..!!!
Du hast kein VCDS und willst irgendetwas ändern, Murks du da mit einem Chinakracher rum oder wie soll man das verstehen.
unge Junge Junge, hier reisst was ein.Der will es nicht kapieren

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
I have made changes on my BCM, i now that, so i have flashed back to AA no fehlers in the bcm, everthing back to stock.

Flashing back and forth does not make a control module exactly the same as before, unless you are able to make a full backup - which according to my knowledge is not possible for these BCMs with any tool on the market at this point.

this was not my intention, but disappointment after disappointment had no other choice to make my problem known

You always have choices, you could have contacted our support directly instead.

Please read the disclaimer, which is presented to you when you install the software. The product is sold to you as is and since you bought it in Germany, there is a reasonable time from in which the seller is supposed to act on your complaints, which was clearly the case here. Ross-Tech and by extension the distributor you bought from, has made reasonable efforts to make the old interfaces as compatible as possible, yet there are limits.

Nobody like my post!!

I'll refrain from commenting on this one.

What about this!

Besides that you are referring to forum posts and not emails - neither of those statements was made by a Ross-Tech or PCI affiliate, both users are private individuals and merely VCDS users.

Based on the lack of proof that you were treated disrespectful by any Ross-Tech or distributor employees, I am tempted to suggest changing the topic title to reflect the reality and not misrepresent the situation. Are you OK with that?

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
The whole story has been changed adjusted!

Neither of those statements was made by a Ross-Tech or PCI affiliate, both users are private individuals and merely VCDS users, ( of course )

So in other words, you can call out what you want as long as the ears are closed it has no effect!
because the real story is not heard, or better said it does not want to hear!!

What I miss in everything, why do not I see you writing, what happened is happened.
Can we arrange something so that you can still be satisfied!!!!!!!

Always in defense!!!!

But thanks.

I will support Polisch and Chinese people with buying those cables
and when I want to know something with my official ross tech cable you see my post appear!

This was my last reaction on this subject, I'm done with it, I still have to work now

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
So in other words, you can call out what you want as the ears are closed it has no effect!
You can say what you want - so long as what is said is legal, decent, honest & truthful; and if it isn't you must expect to be corrected - and to be man enough to have your ears open and to accept what you said may not have been correct.

You CANNOT hold either Ross-Tech or PCI responsible for something said by someone who is only another CUSTOMER (like me) of one of those organisations.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My car is from end 2012 VW Golf 7.
I purchase the interface June 2016
When you purchased that Micro-CAN in mid 2016, it was, to the best of everyone's knowledge at the time, entirely compatible with your car.

I don't remember exactly when we discovered the problem with a few Adaption channels that were too large for the older cables to handle, but I think it was right around that time. In any case the problem was not obvious at first, until some people made changes to such channels, which had unforeseen consequences and they were unable to revert them. We then put checks in the software to look for that, and block those channels from being accessed with older cables, in order to prevent the contents of those channels from getting messed up.

I also don't know exactly when those "too long" Adaptation channels first appeared in the Mk.7 cars, but I rather doubt that the original control modules in your very early car had any of them.

As for your displeasure with PCI's upgrade policies: We do not require distributors to offer upgrades. Whether they do so or not, and how much of a discount they offer is entirely up to them. However, all customers with legitimate systems can upgrade directly through us. Since you have a Micro-CAN, you can upgrade to a HEX-V2 for as little as $149 (plus shipping and whatever duties and taxes your government will want from you). See here. I do not know whether this will really be more cost-effective than selling your Micro-CAN and buying a new interface locally after you take shipping and duties/taxes into account.

This was my last reaction on this subject, I'm done with it, I still have to work now
Then I guess we're done here and I will close this thread.

-Uwe-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back