Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCDS Support for 2019 Audi A7 (C8) - Adaptations and Coding

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I have the same result on our A6. The module is actually responding to the channel read with "Conditions not correct or request sequence error". Although that will not help with the issue at hand, I will work on making the error clearer to the user in the UDS Adaptation dialog.
    Thanks Eric

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Thank you for keeping this alive I have actually activated most of these options from a standard version of vcd I am looking for coding options for tail gate to close with fob key I have heard it’s possible with obd11. Ross tech need to step up even video in motion you can enable with obd11 on newer golfs but not vcd any update from rosstech on this matter.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vagcom pro View Post
    Ross tech need to step up even video in motion you can enable with obd11 on newer golfs but not vcd any update from rosstech on this matter.....
    IIRC Uwe has commented several times that the legal issues with associated with enabling VIM are potentially troubling.

Consider what happens if a fatal accident is caused by the driver watching a video on the screen after VIM has been enabled using a diagnostic tool such as OBD11 or VCDS - there is a reasonable case for relatives of the deceased to take legal action against the manufacturer of the diagnostic tool for allowing their tool to illegally enable VIM (since a video screen visible by the driver is illegal in most countries, definitely in the UK where you and I live) and hence they have some culpability for the death of their relative.

Not a position that all companies want to put themselves in...

4. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vagcom pro View Post
    Hi Thank you for keeping this alive I have actually activated most of these options from a standard version of vcd I am looking for coding options for tail gate to close with fob key I have heard it’s possible with obd11. Ross tech need to step up even video in motion you can enable with obd11 on newer golfs but not vcd any update from rosstech on this matter.....
    If you can show me a link to someone that has coded the tailgate to close on a 4K, with any coding tool - please do.

It is/was possible to code on the A6/A7 4G - but not on the 4K - you can however buy a tailgate close module, you can install, which cover almost all models, where coding aren't available.

The tailgate close module could be this one: https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-produ...a-seat-33801-n - but others do exist.
    Rene Larsen

Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic MY2009 - sold
    VCDS 19.6.0
    (HEX-V2)

6. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    IIRC Uwe has commented several times that the legal issues with associated with enabling VIM are potentially troubling.

Consider what happens if a fatal accident is caused by the driver watching a video on the screen after VIM has been enabled using a diagnostic tool such as OBD11 or VCDS - there is a reasonable case for relatives of the deceased to take legal action against the manufacturer of the diagnostic tool for allowing their tool to illegally enable VIM (since a video screen visible by the driver is illegal in most countries, definitely in the UK where you and I live) and hence they have some culpability for the death of their relative.

Not a position that all companies want to put themselves in...
    I did the video in motion on my previous 2011 S4. I used it once on a road trip and it was scary. Even on a quiet freeway you find yourself wanting to look at the screen and not focusing on the road. Never used it again.

8. Likes PetrolDave, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TWDHylton View Post
    Hello,

Using the VCDS Beta 19.1.2 I have been able to make adaptation/coding modifications to the 2019 A7 as listed below. I am still investigating items 3, 4, 11 and would welcome any assistance with these.

1. Needle Sweep in Virtual Cockpit - Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 17 – Instruments
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 1, Check Bit 0 “Staging, Yes” (Not sure why it’s labelled this way, but it does enable the needle sweep)
    f. Exit Long Coding Helper
    g. Click “Do It!”

2. Display transmission gear for "D" and "S" drive modes - Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 02-Auto Trans
    c. Adaptation – 10
    d. Chanel IDE04111-Single Gear Display
    e. Select from New Value drop-down “D on/S on”
    f. Click “Do it!”

3. Change the Parking Assist shutdown speed thresholdNot Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 09-Cent. Elect.
    c. Adaptation – 10
    d. Chanel IDE03782-Switch-off speed for parking assist
    e. Stored value will not populate in the stored value box – unable to make change. Tried with “Security Access – 16” with security code 20113 which was accepted, but still no luck.

4. Headlights - enable "Off" option.Not Confirmed (US vehicles have this option for speeds 0-6 mph. Canadian vehicles do not have this option at all )
    a. No luck with this item yet.

5. DRL (Daytime Running Lights) turn Off when vehicle is in Park with EPB applied - Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 09-Cent. Elect.
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 2, Check Bit 2 “drl_break,active”
    g. Click “Do It!”

6. Seat Symmetry + Passenger Seat Control Using Driver Seat Controls - Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 06–Seat Mem. Pass. and 36-Seat Mem. Drvr.
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 2, Check Bit 5 “seat_symmetry_movement.0=not active / 1=active”
    f. Byte 6, Check Bit 1 “passenger_seat_adjustment_by_driver_seat,0=not active / 1 active”
    g. Exit Long Coding Helper
    h. Click “Do It!”

7. Enable Ability to lock car with Engine runningConfirmed (Warning: With engine running, vehicle can be locked using the door handle or key fob. To unlock the vehicle, the key fob Unlock button must be used.)
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 46–Central Conv.
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 9, Check Bit 7 “central_locking_system_lock_unlock_at_engine_runn ing,0=not active / 1 active”
    g. Click “Do It!”

8. Enable Lap Timer - Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 17 – Instruments
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 1, Check Bit 3 “Lap counter, Yes”
    g. Click “Do It!”

9. Daytime Running Lights (DRL) On/Off setting in MMI - Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 09-Cent. Elect.
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 2, Check Bit 1 “drl_mmi,active”
    g. Click “Do It!”

10. Automatic Lock On/Off setting in MMI - Confirmed
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 46-Central Conv.
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 35, Uncheck Bit 0 “automatic_lock_not_at_mmi,0=not active / 1=active”
    g. Click “Do It!”

11. Automatic Unlock On/Off setting in MMINot Confirmed
    Hello,

I managed to get items 4 and 11 functional:

4. Headlights - enable "Off" option.Confirmed (US vehicles have this option for speeds 0-6 mph. Canadian vehicles do not have this option at all )
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 09-Cent. Elect.
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 25, Uncheck Bit 3 “ltm_global_off_ignition_dependent,active”
    g. Click “Do It!”

11. Disable Automatic Unlock When Engaging Park or Turning Engine OffConfirmed (Was able to disable this feature, but have not yet figured out how to make this an option in the MMI)
    a. Select Control Module
    b. 46-Central Conv.
    c. Coding – 07
    d. Long Coding Helper
    e. Byte 9, Uncheck Bit 1 “automatic_unlock_nar,0=not active / 1=active”
    g. Click “Do It!”
    Last edited by TWDHylton; 03-27-2019 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added item 11 functional

10. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post