Tire Pressure Monitor System TPMS Install on 2005 Audi A6 C6

bernstma

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=355771
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2005 Audi A6 C6 3.2L that doesn't seem to have the TPMS installed or at least I am not sure. It is available in my MMI but whenever I turn it on, it just defaults to off. I assume the module and the tire sensors were not installed in my car. I am looking to purchase a module and sensors and activate this in the VCDS for my car. Does anyone have any pointers on how I can first determine if I even have TPMS in my vehicle along with the steps to purchase the module and activate it?

Thank you for all the support.:)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Please do check or post the PR-codes but PartsLink24 shows: 7K0 Without tyre pressure monitor That isn't uncommon for a 2005 MY car.

My guess is someone enabled the MMI menu in AW 07 at one point when is shouldn't be enabled. Retrofitting Direct TPMS would require a 65 module, LIN antenna and 4 sensors. If you decide to get into that I would want to check both the parts catalog in addition to factory wiring diagrams for US market (4F) A6 models with TPMS. ErWin Audi and PartsLink24 are linked from the Wiki page in Uwe's reply.

P.S. 4F0 910 273 B appears to be pretty common and this 2007 has that controller: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?14298-2007-Audi-A6-Left-side-DRL-not-working

Reactions: Uwe

bernstma

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=355771
Thanks for the reply. Attached is my PR-Codes. I have to cross reference to see what codes means it came from the factory. I would also have to see what the 65 module and LIN antenna is according to what you referenced. Is there a place I can see what these parts are or references to the? The 4 sensors are easy those go inside the wheels when I have the tires replaced or mounted and balanced.

I have posted the PR-Codes here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jY2npO77-YYsGvDyTUnquOqHA4FY_ddz/view?usp=sharing

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thanks for the reply. Attached is my PR-Codes.
It matches what Dana found, so I think we can be confident that this car did not come with TPMS from the factory.

I would also have to see what the 65 module and LIN antenna is according to what you referenced. Is there a place I can see what these parts are or references to the?
Official factory repair info should document that somehow.

If it were just a matter of plugging in the module and antenna, it wouldn't be too terrible a job. But, VW/Audi has made a science of not putting any wires in their cars that aren't needed for a particular build configuration, and if you have to add the wiring for the module and antenna(s), then that would increase the difficulty by at least an order of magnitude.

-Uwe-

Back