Thread: How to easily source and fix the ESCL on VAG Grab bag of tricks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

How to easily source and fix the ESCL on VAG Grab bag of tricks!

I have had success with replacing the micro switches and servo motor with worm gear & which fail, but usually most just want the lock disabled & so it can't fail again?

What's the point of locking the steering if the car can't be started anyway on an old car, no one wants to steal this POS anyway?

Lots of reports of the lock not unlocking in cold weather and people pissed off?

Example not endorsed......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Kit-...WywW:rk:9f:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-a6-c6-...3Zxw:rk:6f:0

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes D-Dub, Uwe, jyoung8607, Zenerdiode, raf0468, Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    What's the point of locking the steering if the car can't be started anyway on an old car, no one wants to steal this POS anyway?
    I don't understand why separate ESCLs exist on modern VWs with electromechanical power steering. Add a pin and a solenoid to the EPS rack, and include it in the Immo handshake. Done and done. You've already spent the money on a microcontroller and CAN bus connectivity. It would be easier to design and package, and it's still in a shielded location. It would cost less, weigh less, and make the steering column itself lighter and more compact, thus safer in a severe crash.
    Silence gives consent.

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be using way to much common sense and the KISS method Jason, so why would a car designer use that?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've had 6 different callers this week with this issue and a bunch last week. Thank you for the thread. I've been pointing customers to it.

7. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post