Gear Wear Integrator

tbar23

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC436445 (2nd hand?)
I have a VAG cable that came with a used 2012 Audi S4 that I purchased several years ago. Recently, I sold that car and bought a 2016 Macan. I can read several different modules, but I'm trying to read out something called the Transfer Gear Wear Integrator, and I believe the information can be found in the AWD module. While I was able to read many, many parameters in the Transmission module, when I try to read the AWD module I get a "No ROD file found" error message.
I know that Porsche is not a VCDS target market, but I suspect a Q5 or similar likely also has a gear wear integrator readout. Is there any way to try to find this information using my existing hardware?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Without a ROD file specific to that module... nope.

A lack of ODX/ASAM data is one of the reasons why we don't support current Porsche models.

-Uwe-

tbar23

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC436445 (2nd hand?)
Thanks, Uwe. Just for my education, what is ODX/ASAM data?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thanks, Uwe. Just for my education, what is ODX/ASAM data?
It's the data that defines how a diagnostic program interacts with a particular control module.

In the olden days (10+ years ago), VW/Audi control modules just had numbered channels and groups, and such data wasn't required. But that all changed about 10 years ago with the introduction of the UDS protocol carrying arbitrarily complex data. Without something that defines the identifiers and how the data is to be interpreted, we're dead in the water.

-Uwe-

Last edited:
Back