Dash Brake Warning Light with no Error Message / Code

mauijpm

Reaction score
Hello,

Just recently, I started getting the BRAKE light on my dash at the beginning of my drive on my 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 72,000 miles.

When I accelerate with some oomph (not just nursing the car along), the light will come on, beep three times and then go off when I let off on the pedal. The brake fluid is full. The pads are in great shape and have tons of life left on them. When I press the SET button, I don't get any messages. The ABS light has never come on. I don't get any error codes when I run my scanner. And after I drive for approximately 15 minutes, the issue won't come back until I turn the car off and then back on.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you resolve it?

Thanks so much!

Jon

mauijpm

Reaction score
Well, it is time for me to eat some humble pie.

I checked the brake fluid again with my father in law and when you take off the lid it looked absolutely full to me. But, we wiped off the side and held a flashlight to it and the fluid was actually midway between min and max. So, we filled it all the way up and I no longer have the issue. I think this was caused when I accelerated because it moved the fluid back from the center may have been what triggered the warning.

Back