Thread: Complete list of generic error codes and what they mean

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Complete list of generic error codes and what they mean

Hi folks,

First time poster, After borrowing a mates vcds and performing a service light reset and fuel filter change on my Audi a7 I have decided to take the plunge and buy the u limited vin kit for myself with the intention of scanning other cars to hopefully 're coup some of the out lay, to help with this as the title suggests does a list of faults and they're meaning exist that can be downloaded. Apologies if this subject has already been covered.

Thanks

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Complete? No - but here is a good starting point from our Wiki:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ry:Fault_Codes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What do you mean by "Generic Codes"? Generic OBD-II? There are some of those that are standardized, and some that are left to the individual car manufacturer to define.

You could try a site like this:
    https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pinewod74,
    Diagnosing faults needs more than just reading a DTC and if you are planning to make a bit of cash doing this I would advise caution. The professionals on here will have spent thousands of pounds to get the data to support what VCDS is providing.

Feel happy to purchase and use the superb tool that VCDS is and if you can help a friend on the way, all the better.

Regards HMC

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks for your replies guys, got the hex-v2 cable today and carried out the trunk close and needle sweep mods great bit of kit, think I need to put the shackles on until I know more about the kit or ill end up doing something I later regret lol.