Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exporting/Importing Vehicles

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jack. I suspect your first link explains his reluctance, as the ad said 'loud pipes'. But if people remove cats and such, how do they get them through the annual test? (Your equivalent of our MoT Test)

Anyway, machine now sold so that bubble has now burst.

Someone is than breaking a law very simple, right & with an altered defeat device, whether a person forges an instrument at testing facility, a physical device or software, it's all illegal here, unless with an exemption for conformity or testing and competition use I suppose?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    Thanks Jack. I suspect your first link explains his reluctance, as the ad said 'loud pipes'.
    Finding a used Harley in the US without loud pipes is pretty rare. Many have the stock pipes replaced before the first owner even takes delivery. I don't really understand why this is a thing with Harley riders, but it is, but they use the excuse that "Loud pipes save lives".

Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    But if people remove cats and such, how do they get them through the annual test? (Your equivalent of our MoT Test)
    I'm not sure how it is elsewhere, but in PA there is no emissions test for motorcycles, and I don't think noise level is something that's checked either. Brakes, lights, tires, and basic safety stuff is about it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like

It was Easy

Following up on my own thread, it is, in fact, incredibly easy. I bought a different one from a guy in Chicago, he took it with the Title to a shipper around the corner, where 'logistics' then took over. His part was just presenting the bike and Title to the shipper's warehouse. It was packed in a container and shipped via rail to Norfolk, then onto a vessel that chugged up and down the east coast for a while, dropping in to the likes of Savannah before crossing the Atlantic. On my side, it had a few drop-offs in Europe then finally to Felixstowe.

Felixstowe is almost exactly 300 miles door-to-door for me; and even though a UK mile is the same as a US mile, and cruising speeds with a 'U-Haul' type clumpy trailer on the back will be similar, it can still take eight hours on a normal day.

My day was far from normal, as it woke the misfire gremlin that I've been experiencing...