Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf Mk7 - CCS trouble after upgrade to high gateway

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinehans View Post
    I can swap back and forth without CP coming back. Is that normal?
    friend of mine had same case, I thought it was weird and only happened to him, anyone?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I understand the technolegy behind CP it is normal. The Gateway gets the signature matching all the existing modules with CP, so the other Gateway should not have a different signature and therefore still work?

I doubt that all modules get touched, everytime you change the gateway and therefore the should be no missmatch triggering CP?

But wait for people like DV52 or downtime - I am sure they can confirm or explain it better.
    Last edited by apial; 01-29-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 (FUN), 2019 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 4Motion (Daily-Company-Car), 2018 VW Tiguan SE (Wife)

VCDS, ETKA, Erwin, ODIS with FAZIT Online Access

Prior cars:
    Fiat Bravo 1.6, Fiat Marea 1.6, Audi 80 2.6, Audi A4 2.6, Audi A4 2.4, Audi A6 2.8, Audi V8 3.6 & 4.2, Fiat Marea 1.6, Passat 2.0TDI, Mustang 3.7, Ford Taurus SHO, Mustang 5.0, Lincoln MKS

Post Thanks / Like
    It keeps CP fault away, but You can't do FEC restore without doing CP with first GW without doing CP from scratch first.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    It keeps CP fault away, but You can't do FEC restore without doing CP with first GW without doing CP from scratch first.
    I am not following you. Please clarify.

Post Thanks / Like
    When You swap between gateways that are matched to car, You won't get CP message. But You can't enable FEC again, because signature doesn't match.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

6. Likes alpinehans liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apial View Post
    As far as I understand the technolegy behind CP it is normal. The Gateway gets the signature matching all the existing modules with CP, so the other Gateway should not have a different signature and therefore still work?

I doubt that all modules get touched, everytime you change the gateway and therefore the should be no missmatch triggering CP?

But wait for people like DV52 or downtime - I am sure they can confirm or explain it better.
    I'm not really sure I can. I think golfi_vend has the best position to explain it as he has authorized GEKO / FaZIT access.

As gateway is the CP master, naturally it should not trigger CP as it has correct VIN and challenge to slave modules. But what golfi_vend is trying to say, if I understood him correctly, is that everytime FeC's are activated, they are signed to that specific VIN and gateway (hw id or something like that probably) and only allow that feature to work on that specific platform. If you change the gateway, CP is ok (if it was originally on that car) but FeC signature mismatch occurs and the FeCs are automatically put to not activated state.
    This makes sense because if it would not do that, it would basically allow you to use better equipped car as a mule and enable features for other cars by just swapping gateways and restoring FeCs of the mule car to blank gateway modules.

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    I'm not really sure I can. I think golfi_vend has the best position to explain it as he has authorized GEKO / FaZIT access.

As gateway is the CP master, naturally it should not trigger CP as it has correct VIN and challenge to slave modules. But what golfi_vend is trying to say, if I understood him correctly, is that everytime FeC's are activated, they are signed to that specific VIN and gateway (hw id or something like that probably) and only allow that feature to work on that specific platform. If you change the gateway, CP is ok (if it was originally on that car) but FeC signature mismatch occurs and the FeCs are automatically put to not activated state.
    This makes sense because if it would not do that, it would basically allow you to use better equipped car as a mule and enable features for other cars by just swapping gateways and restoring FeCs of the mule car to blank gateway modules.
    I should be able to replace the gateway. Here in the US VW doesn't offer the mid gateway as a spare for the MK7, they only offer a high gateway. That's what I ordered. When I took the car to the dealership to remove CP and to restore the FECs, CP worked, but FEC didn't . https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...eling-problem/
    I found out that it's the FEC for the CCS that's causing the problem, so I started this post hoping there's someone who can help figure it out.
    In Germany apparently you can buy a kit from VW to retrofit CCS, which includes an FEC code that the dealer uses to enable the SWaP function. So it can be done in a car that didn't have CCS from the factory. Mine did have it from the factory. The question is: how do I get it back?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Response is in this thread. Go back to the workshop and tell them to return the FeC codes to your new gateway. No other way. There's even the correct ODIS option mentioned here that you can provide to them.

11. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    ^ Response is in this thread. Go back to the workshop and tell them to return the FeC codes to your new gateway. No other way. There's even the correct ODIS option mentioned here that you can provide to them.
    My post #9 might have been overlooked. We tried just that (clearing) and are getting a technical error what appears to be at the very end when submitting the signature. "When attempting the signature service, a technical error occurred." Unfortunately it doesn't provide a fault number. Does "FFP not OK" provide an clues? Is there any way to retrieve the FFP malfunction codes and FFP warning codes above that?

Last edited by alpinehans; 01-30-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem solved?